Food trends amongst us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i was considering the food trends we, often on discusscooking, follow. there was a following for brining meats way when ago. then there were the cake-mix cookies that many of us made. use of kosher salt is another. seasalt, too. roasted veggies. (i love roasting them!)
trends you've followed, begun, considered, or used yourself.....

Hmmmm, I'm still a briner. I like to use rubs now too.

What other trends do I follow...I dunno. Can you list some more luvs?

Since joining DC, and because I read so many opinions on them here, I have started using rubs on some of my meats, I have learned to love medium-rare beef, and I have become even more adventurous in my eating. Partly because of DC I have learned to love sushi. The reason I finally gave in and tried sushi was for a completely different reason though. I figured that if the people on "Fear Factor," "Survivor," etc. could eat the nasty things they had to eat, I could give in and try sushi. :mrgreen: I'm so glad I did!

Oh yes, another "trend" I have picked up from DC is that when we travel I tend to eat the local cuisine more often than I used to, rather than always sticking to familiar favorites. Including those wonderful sandwiches we had when we ate with you (Luvs) and Jake at Primanti Brothers!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom