Foods you grew into

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me it was eggs. I hated all forms of eggs as a kid. I slowly started liking them cooked different ways and now I love them in any form. My mom had heard that your tastes change about every seven years, and that seems to have held true for me, as I was about 14 and 21 when mine changed.

My daughter didn't like to try new foods when she was growing up, but she always ate what she was given when she ate at her friends' homes. If she asked to eat at a friend's house, I usually let her. It was one way to get her to try new foods!

:) Barbara

creamed spinach, and liver and onions were 2 dishes I wouldn't touch as a child. Still can't stomach the liver even approaching with a different recipe and open mind. Throat however still said "no way"! Creamed spinach I love now! Would make it more often if the rest of the family would eat it!

I hated horseradish, radishes, all mints, and caraway rye bread. I still hate all members of the mint family, except for basil. I love basil. I especially detest peppermint.:sick: All of the others listed, I now love them.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Never could eat (or stand the smell) of macaroni and cheese, or biscuits ! Love mac -n- cheese now, biscuits and gravy, or w/strawberries. But not just a plain biscuit. Smells really bothered me, when young, Mom would take me to a bakery- I'd have to stand outside, when she went in-! Couldn't stand the smell ! Weird huh !

Mushrooms definately, for some reason they used to scare me as a kid and I have no idea why?
now I`ll eat them raw and alsorts.

I have given this question some thought over the past day or two...
I can think of nothing that I once didn't like and now I do...
I am sure there were things that as a small child I didn't like..I just have no memory of making the transition to liking them...Maybe my memory is not so good...:ermm:

Uncle Bob I am somewhat with you. I can't remember not liking any food.
I like all food. Some are favorites. Oh...yes....NO RAW FISH ever.

Off the top of my head I can think of only a few.....but then again I don't have a lot of dislikes.

Broccoli and Cauliflower. I really detested these growing up but when I became pregnant with my first son (20 now) I picked some up at the grocery store as they caught my eye and I found that my taste had changed. I still love them to this day.

Cilantro.....this was an aquired taste....didn't take a really long time though....but I really like it now. Same thing with the herb Thyme.

Asparagus and Sushi, taste buds change every 10 years so try something you didn't like a decade ago.

As a child, hated raw oysters and creamed corn.
Now I love raw oysters and still can't stand creamed corn:yuk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom