"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #21
Senior Cook

I hate most seafood except for fried shrimp. I hate mint, beets, any meat to dark (wild duck, liver), gizzards, meatloaf, and probably other stuff i just can't think of now :).

Old 02-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #22
Contest Winner

Talking

LIVER YUCK !!!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 05:28 PM   #23
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Ohhh, poor eggs, hated so much by GB!!
You are not allergic or anything are you? Just the personal taste? You can't eat cakes, crepes,pancakes, custards, egg based pasta etc. either? Guido, Cris's youngest who refuses to eat eggs and anything reminiscent of them(along with 99% of food varieties), but he can be tricked to eat above mentioned stuff and even like them!!
Well in baked goods I can eat them so cakes are fine. Pancakes I can eat, but french toast I can not. egg based pasta I can eat, but custards and crepes I can not, although I did just try a crepe the other night and was able to get it down since it was covered in chocolate sauce and strawberries.

I often wonder if it is something more of just a dislike. I don't think I am allergic, because I can eat them in certain things. My body just really rejects them in most others. The weirdest part is that when eggs are cooking the smell both repulses me and also smells kind of good at the same time. Try to figure that out out
Old 02-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #24
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
The weirdest part is that when eggs are cooking the smell both repulses me and also smells kind of good at the same time. Try to figure that out out
I have the same thing with coffee. Fresh brew can smell good, but still smells like coffee to me...which is bad. It's an odd feeling.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #25
Master Chef

i'm not a picky eater- if there's a food i'm iffy 'bout, i'll cook that food 'till it's palatable to me.
2 items i despise- blacklicorice & brussels. i'll consume hanover baby brussels with plenty of butter.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #26
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs
2 items i despise- blacklicorice & brussels.
That is probably because you are using too much black licorice with your brussels
Old 02-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
I often wonder if it is something more of just a dislike. I don't think I am allergic, because I can eat them in certain things. My body just really rejects them in most others.
I understand perfectly... it was just the case with me and mathematics when I was in school. It was not just the simple matter of my disliking the subject, my brain flatly refused to comprehend any of it, while I am pretty good with simple arithmetics!!
Old 02-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #28
Master Chef

geeeebs!!!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #29
Sous Chef

I like just about everything except . . . organ meats, runny eggs, beets and oatmeal . . . all of which I find rather repulsive IMO.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #30
Master Chef

Here are my top 3 foods that I don't like.... there is not much if anything in this world that I "hate", but I do harbor dislikes for stuff.... in order of the most disliked food:

1. MEAT LOAF - I do not, will not, can not, and just shudder at the thought of this dish, even tho it tends to be a family favorite for most. My parents made this dish at least once a week and it was the worst night of the week for me.

2. Raisins - Why ruin a perfectly good cinnamon roll, banana bread, or cheese or carrot cake (any dessert) with these nasty things???? The worst thing was to see a scrumptious cinnamon roll beggin to be eatin, only to bite into it and discover that there are big hairy raisins hidden in the folds of the dough. This really rates up there with the meatloaf.

3. Peas..... I don't like them in soup, fried rice, or anything for that matter. I will pain stakingly pick them out. BUTTTTTTTTT I will eat split pea soup, go figure????

Neat topic, welcome to the forum!!!