Foods you hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think HATE is a very strong word, there sre a couple of foodds I don't care for though.

Mushrooms and orange juice w/ the pulp. Both of which I like the flavor, just don't like the texture.

besides that, nothing else really. Life is too short to have a narrow palate. I love trying new and different things.

+1 to the mushrooms. I feel the same about most beans. I love the taste (spare for limas) but the texture is the turnoff.

TATTRAT said:
I think HATE is a very strong word, there sre a couple of foodds I don't care for though.

besides that, nothing else really. Life is too short to have a narrow palate. I love trying new and different things.

Exactly - variety is awesome! I'm not much for slimy things, like oysters.

Liver

As I have matured I have grown to like may of the foods I hated as a child, but no matter how it is done, no thanks.

hookied_up said:
Liver

As I have matured I have grown to like may of the foods I hated as a child, but no matter how it is done, no thanks.

Funny how so many people have an aversion to liver. I have to say I'm not a fan of beef or pig's liver. Calf's liver isn't bad but kid and lamb's liver are very delicate in texture and flavour. Have you tried them?

Snoop Puss said:
Funny how so many people have an aversion to liver. I have to say I'm not a fan of beef or pig's liver. Calf's liver isn't bad but kid and lamb's liver are very delicate in texture and flavour. Have you tried them?

The only liver I'll eat is chicken liver, IF it's cooked well.

It was a reference to a movie- might have an effect on how good it sounds.
but it did make me want to try fava beans.

Veggies except for potatos and corn. I'm just now starting to like onions.
And organ parts ie. brains, liver, intestines etc...
And seafood. Blech !

Clutch said:
Ckicken liver and heart is VERY GOOD! kinda tastes like a Slim Jim!

I love chicken liver. I have a recipe I created nearly 30 years ago that my family, even the children when they were small, loved.

I just dredged chicken livers in lightly salted flour, then browned in butter. I added shallots, chives, tarragon and some white wine. Let it all simmer, covered, a bit and added some half-and-half. Heated through and served over rice or noodles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom