Foods You Hate in One Form but Love in Another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look and smell of a raw chunk of gorgonzola scares me and wouldn't put it in my mouth, but I love the flavour when it is melted into a sauce.

Fresh sardines cooked correctly are nice, but my stomach turns just at the look of sardines that come in a tin soaked in oil.

Anchovy fillets are fine, but the anchovy paste makes me blow chunks.

canned spinach.......what torture...........my mother (and I think some of you saw my post) forced us to eat it.........god it was awful........I remember putting some on a piece of white bread and adding ketchup.... when my sister looked away the rest went on her plate....Mom never served it again.......we 3 girls just sad there staring at this awful green gunk.........I swore that I would NEVER force my children to eat something that they didn't like.......and I never have....I also never served canned veggies........

You are right about canned vegetables, peas and asparaguses, love them fresh or even frozen, but god awful when they come out of a tin.

peeled tomato chunks and corn kernels are the only canned vegs I regularly use.

Look and smell of a raw chunk of gorgonzola scares me and wouldn't put it in my mouth, but I love the flavour when it is melted into a sauce.

Hey urmaniac, what a pity! Try a chunk of gorgonzola with pear, or some grapes. You might become a convert yet! One of my fave salads is gorgonzola, pear, arugula, and walnuts in a vinaigrette dressing. Even Asian kids I've served this to love it!

To answer the OP's question, salmon. While I love salmon smoked, I won't eat it cooked any other way.

Thanx for the suggestion Chops!! Actually I really like the salad quite like the one you described, but with oodles of shaved aged pecorino romano (or better yet sardo) instead of gorgonzola. By some people aged pecorino is also considered "stinky" (not by me though :cool: ) so I can imagine gorgonzola could be a substitute. I will try it when I feel bold enough!:chef:

Beef and Pork Liver, HATE THE STUFF.
Over the years though, I don't hate it but have been accustomed to it being in Pennsylvania Scrapple as made by my MIL. It's actually not bad, I'm not the largest fan, the men in my life are though, they'd shoot a duck for it.:LOL:

Hey urmaniac, what a pity! Try a chunk of gorgonzola with pear, or some grapes. You might become a convert yet! One of my fave salads is gorgonzola, pear, arugula, and walnuts in a vinaigrette dressing. Even Asian kids I've served this to love it!
I do this with Feta cheese and it's fantastic. One of my favorite salads.

A hamburger has to be so well-done it's screaming for mercy, but give me a steak and it better still be mooing when it's served to me.

love raw carrots .. can not stand cooked .. not in soup .. not in anything ..

I'm so glad to read lots of ya'll have the same weird food preferences. I love peanuts in any form and I adore chocolate but NOT together. Reese's P'nut Butter Cups???? Forget it - just seems wrong to me. I will only eat corn on the cob - in fact, it's one of my favorite foods. But not kernels or creamed (yuck). Raw spinach salad is heavenly but I have never eaten cooked spinach and probably never will. It smeels awful to me and looks slimy.

I love raw and cooked spinach (even canned--grew up on it), but I don't like creamed spinach. You'd think I would like creamed spinach, since I like spinach dip!

:)Barbara

I love almost everything. But I definately prefer some veggies at least blanched v.s. raw. I think raw broccoli tastes like eating a mouthfull of dry tree leaves. I always blanch broccoli briefly and then chill for a crudite tray.

Back
Top Bottom