Foods You Hate in One Form but Love in Another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My brother will have ketchup (Made with tomatoes), spaghetti, lasagne (made with tomatoe sauce), chili (made with crushed tomatoes) but won't eat a raw tomato! Me, I can't eat raw onions but anyway they are cooked or added to a recipe they are fine and in some cases even desired.

DH is the same wasy w/ tomato....
NO raw tomatoes....
not even large cooked ones... say if you put sliced tomato on a pizza or bruschetta.... he wont eat it.
But I leave chunks in my spaghetti sauce and chili and he's fine with it.

I think that's even wierder than my cheese issue. :wacko:

My brother will have ketchup (Made with tomatoes), spaghetti, lasagne (made with tomatoe sauce), chili (made with crushed tomatoes) but won't eat a raw tomato! Me, I can't eat raw onions but anyway they are cooked or added to a recipe they are fine and in some cases even desired.

I was allergic to all things tomato growing up and never developed a taste for ketchup. I have outgrown the allergy but am not wild about ketchup, chili sauce, tomato soup out of a can, too much tomato sauce. I do like fresh tomatoes though.

I've been reading everyone's answers and thinking, but can't come up with anything I absolutely hate one way, but love prepared a different way.
I guess I either like something or I don't.

I eat the powdered stuff on ice cream. Don't like the liquid form at all. I do eat spoonfuls of the powdered stuff.

Not even Hershey's chocolate syrup, made right here in the center of PA somewhere? I love that stuff; on ice cream, in milk, straight up..... :pig:

...And while I love pickles, I hate cucumbers.
How could I forget that one?! I am the same exact way.

love apples and tomatoes but can't stand apple and tomato juice or apple cider
lima beans but like in soup (small quantities)
I'm kind of the opposite on the apples thing. While I don't hate apples, I don't care that much for fresh apples or pears, but I love apple juice, apple pie, apple sauce, canned pears, etc. I just don't like them much raw.

I like to pick the lima beans out of mixed vegetables and eat them one at a time, but I don't care much for just lima beans (unless they are in the form of ham and beans, where they are cooked a good long time and have that good bean broth).

:)Barbara

Not even Hershey's chocolate syrup, made right here in the center of PA somewhere? I love that stuff; on ice cream, in milk, straight up..... :pig:
Hershey's and Nestle Quik are two entirely different things, IMO. I.E. ~ not all chocolate syrup is created equal. Hershey's in the can is da bomb!!

Hershey's and Nestle Quik are two entirely different things, IMO. I.E. ~ not all chocolate syrup is created equal. Hershey's in the can is da bomb!!

Agreed. I've never let my taste buds stray when it comes to chocolate syrup :), but the squeeze bottle rules.

Mine isn't so much a form but where it's places. I like pickles but never ever on a sandwich or burger. I like nuts but never on ice cream.

My son is another of the love ketchup but a nono for tomatoes most other ways.
DW will eat most meats but not on the bone so it is a no to chicken wings, legs, chops and other similar servings.

Well, for ease of use anyway. I haven't had it out of a can in so long, I couldn't tell you if it tasted the same to me or different.

Mine isn't so much a form but where it's places. I like pickles but never ever on a sandwich or burger. I like nuts but never on ice cream.
My mom liked cake, and she liked ice cream, but she hated them together!

Well, for ease of use anyway. I haven't had it out of a can in so long, I couldn't tell you if it tasted the same to me or different.
Hershey's HOT FUDGE in the can. Nothing else compares!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom