Foods You Love and Don't Have to Share

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I have a very wide range f tates. There are foods I love that DW can't stand to be around. These are some of my private joys After my list, go ahead and share yours with us.

Liverwurst
Braunshwuger
PIckle Pigs Feet
Head Cheese-year and older Cheddar
Potted meat
Spam
Sour Kraut
Maple (how can anyone not like maple?)
Curry
Es cargo
Raw onion
Sardines
Smelt
Canned Salmon
Canned Mackeral
Kpper Snacks
Anchovies
Poisson Sauce
All things spicey-hot
Pllantains
Rasberries, Blackberries, thmblerries, etc.
sour cherries
pickled waermellon rinds
raw ruhbarb
Pike
Walleye/perch
Eal-Pout
Ruffed Grouse
Gamey Venison (but not too gamey)
wild cotton tail, and snowshoe rabbit
Horseraddish
Wasavi, Canned Spinach
Spicey-hot Chili Con Carne
Mussels/clambs
Yellow-fin canned tuna
Vienna Sausage
Pepperoni
Strong Marinara, or spagheti Sauce
Italian Sausage, hot or mild
Cudighi Sausage, hot or mild
And I could add more. DW is a picky eater. Me, not so much.

Seeeeya;; Chief Llngwind of the North

I'm going to start working on my list. I'm sure it's one of those where you keep remembering extra items.

Wow, that's a very long list Chief!
It must make it hard to cook for both of you. I'm very lucky as we share the same dislikes and most of the likes. Neither of us are picky eaters.

The only thing I can think of that I like that he won't touch is liver. I like my food more spicy than he does, but that's easy enough to work around.

He seems to really enjoy everything else I cook, although I suspect he's clever enough to know I can just quit cooking for him and he's welcome to do it himself. I'm only half kidding there, but picky eaters have always gotten on my nerves big time, so I'm sure glad I don't have to cook for one.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a very long list Chief!
It must make it hard to cook for both of you. I'm very lucky as we share the same dislikes and most of the likes. Neither of us are picky eaters.

The only thing I can think of that I like that he won't touch is liver. I like my food more spicy than he does, but that's easy enough to work around.

He seems to really enjoy everything else I cook, although I suspect he's clever enough to know I can just quit cooking for him and he's welcome to do it himself. I'm only half kidding there, but picky eaters have always gotten on my nerves big time, so I'm sure glad I don't have to cook for one.

Preach it, sister... :LOL:

Ross

I'm ok with 90% of the items on the list.

Owing to my French German (Alsatian) heritage, stinky cheese.

I like my Limburger, Esrom, and Roquefort and no one wants a share of it.

It took me awhile to get into smoked shrimp. The smell of it usually sends everyone running. A friend of mine brings it back from Florida each spring
as he spends his winters working there and summers here.

Now that my wife went vegan, it makes it easier for me :)
If it contains any dairy its all mine :)

In addition to that, anything with any sort of heat. It amazes me what she thinks is too spicy. Even a few shakes of black pepper can put her over there edge.

And for whatever reason, she is not a fan of this Burmese pasta dish I make that has a coconut based sauce. I usually only make it when my son is home, cause we are the only ones that eat it. And she loves coconut, in general.

Fennel ( or anything with a licorice type flavor)

I'm going to start working on my list. I'm sure it's one of those where you keep remembering extra items.
I think this is pretty much my list of stuff I like and DH doesn't.

shrimp
crab
lobster
artichoke
asparagus
fresh tomato
chicken wings
baba ganoush
crétons
canned kippers
Brussels sprouts
pappadams

He will eat green beans or small amounts of mushrooms in a dish, but wouldn't ever choose them.
He enjoys very small amounts of stinky cheeses. We once had breakfast in a coffee shop in Copenhagen. He ordered a "breakfast fajita". I saw his face go funny as he tasted it. I asked if he was okay. Yes he was, but he had just tasted a vicious attack cheese. He enjoyed it once he got over the shock. Danes do like their stinky cheeses.

And then there is this salty licorice that almost no one likes, except people (mostly from Nordic countries) who grew up eating it. It's a candy.
salmiakpastiller.gif

Last edited:
Great topic Chief!

Well, my DH doesn't like anything creamy, so …
take your pick, mayo, sour cream, cream cheese, Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing, sauces, soups with cream...
Me, well gimme it all, but I don't make it, `cuz then I've got too much... the only time I get to eat creamy sauces, etc is in a restaurant.

No wine or alcohol either, so … the more the merrier :LOL:

Along with creamy, let's talk about cheese, the only cheese he likes is Parm or Swiss, dry stuff, I'll take all of the rest.

When I first meet DH, he won't eat Rice, now, Katy bar the door!
He didn't like any sort of Asian dishes until I came along too, it was Italian all the way.
Oh and veg, he was a big carb kinda guy...
now it's fish, rice and veg, a bit of chicken and the occasional beef (and Spam ;)) ... the Hawaii way :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom