FoodSaver on Sale (8/21/14)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You get the following with it.

Includes:
•1 Heat-Seal Roll – 11" x 10'
•3 Heat-Seal Bags – Quart Size
•2 Heat-Seal Bags – Gallon Size

I will have to look at my expenses to see if I can afford it at this time. Let's hope it stays on sale. :angel:

FoodSaver on Sale

That's a really good deal. Addie, it says it goes through Aug. 31.

Last edited:
Not sure. I know the only credit card they take is Amex, and personal checks. Also, not sure if you need to be a Costco member to order online.

I get the rolls 2 in the package at Target. They also have the quart size pre cut bags AND Fresh saver quart size zip vacuum bags at Target.

Target also has the NEW Foodsaver bags - expandable size (has a pleat on the sides to fit large items) rolls and the ones with the moisture guard along the top of the bag.

Last edited:
Not sure. I know the only credit card they take is Amex, and personal checks. Also, not sure if you need to be a Costco member to order online.

I just checked the website. You do not have to be a member but there is a statement on the site that non-members MAY be charged a surcharge.

All major credit cards are accepted.

I just checked the website. You do not have to be a member but there is a statement on the site that non-members MAY be charged a surcharge.

Did not know that. In store, they only accept Amex and personal checks.

Costco stores refuse credit cards other than Amex because they can't get a favorable rate. Maybe that's why the website may asses a surcharge - to offset the CC company's fee.

I really want to join Costco when the new one opens nearer my house, well the other isn't far, but it's in a part of town I don't usually go to, and traffic is just a mess over there (they really need to reconfigure that intersection). The thing that keeps me going to Bjs is that they take all of the major credit cards. Our household rewards card is a Visa, and being Amex only just isn't convenient.

Thank you Andy. I am not a member and have no credit cards. I usually make on line purchases with PayPal or withdrawal from my checking account. I checked my balance a short while ago and have just enough to get me to check day on the 3rd of Sept. :angel:

I could most likely find a better price online for rolls but I just get the best deal Wally World has because of the convenience factor.

Here and now is a savings of a sort.

You get the following with it.

Includes:
•1 Heat-Seal Roll – 11" x 10'
•3 Heat-Seal Bags – Quart Size
•2 Heat-Seal Bags – Gallon Size

I will have to look at my expenses to see if I can afford it at this time. Let's hope it stays on sale. :angel:

We used ours to put up what we bought and used the complete roll and all three of the quart size. I sure hope that was a starter roll and buying a roll will have much more on it?

I think you just talked me into it. I had one that was a PITA to use and gave it to Spike. But I do miss it. Does anyone know if they take PayPal on line? :angel:

I am not sure about online, but in the store its AMEX, Debit or cash.

Huh. Your Costco accepts cash?? :LOL:

Its not funny outside at the gas pumps where they do not accept cash and neither will the pump. AMEX or debit only for gas.

Costco stores refuse credit cards other than Amex because they can't get a favorable rate. Maybe that's why the website may asses a surcharge - to offset the CC company's fee.

Or it could be that Costco has an agreement with AMEX.
My Costco membership card is now an AMEX rewards credit card.
3% back on any gas at any store and 1% inside Costco.
AMEX, IMO is the best consumer credit card available. Not so much for the merchants as the surcharge is high.
But if you ever have a credit card dispute, I would want to have it with my AMEX card. They actually look out for their customers.

Thank you Andy. I am not a member and have no credit cards. I usually make on line purchases with PayPal or withdrawal from my checking account. I checked my balance a short while ago and have just enough to get me to check day on the 3rd of Sept. :angel:

Do you know anyone that has a membership? They can get it for you. Like i did for my friend. I am taking it to him today.

Now. Off to find a good deal on rolls!

Last edited:
Amazon has them. These won't fit in the machine but they are a better deal than the name brand ones.

Amazon.com: 11" x 50' Roll for Vacuum Sealer Commercial Grade Vacuum Bags: Home & Kitchen

This is a 2 pack (100 ft total) for around $33 http://www.amazon.com/Vacuum-Sealer..._sbs_hg_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1WEVG26GJ8TB7JSNKPVW

You may have missed my post before, but these seem like a better deal than the name brand ones.

Every so often FoodSaver has a sale on bags and rolls, you can signup for email alerts, sometimes this brings the price down cheaper than the generics if you order them in bulk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom