For Animal Lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
This is one of the coolest sites I have seen in a long time. It is a webcam that is set up by a watering hole in Africa. the camera zooms and pans to catch the action. If you catch it at the right time you can see some amazing things (look to the let for optimum viewing times). We have seen tons of elephants (even baby elephants), baboons, zebras, and all sorts of other great animals. There is audio as well. Don't be discouraged if you check and don't see anything. Just check back another time. You will see something eventually.

Wildcam

I will check it out after 10 pm as often as I can (that's 7am Bottswana time). The sound alone is so relaxing!!!
I saw 2 animals, similar to deer. This is awesome! Thanks so much, GB!

Oh wow that one is cool too Mish.

the really neat thing about the one I posted is that it is in the wild. It is the first and only time this has been done. You get to actually see the animals in their natural habitat doing what they do.

GB - WOW - there's some animal making some kind of noise right now - you can hear the water ripple and the wind - I can't wait for daylight!!!!

Mish - I'm going to check yours out now too.

Had to come back and edit to say - it sounded like something tinkled! :LOL:

Also - if it's all black wait a few minutes - the camera scans the area and you will eventually see the landscape.

Last edited:
GB I must try the site again in the morning... I am on Cris's notebook right now and I don't think it has RealPlayer installed... right now it must be all dark anyway... I look forward to checking it out!!

Mish aaaawwww 2 cute, he is sleeping... oh! he is wiggling around...

Thanx both of u guys for cool input!!:)

Whoa, GB!! It is soooo lovely!! Right now a family of gazelles are having some drinks, at first there was only one, but one by one came a little one, daddy, and another... there are 4 of them right now!! With some bird chirping on the background!! This is awesome, like you said it is particularly special because it is being filmed in the nature... thanks again!!

I have not had the pleasure of seeing gazelles yet. I am so glad you got to see that!

I see a bunch of birds that look like turkeys & one that looks like an emu. That is just too neat!Thanks GB & mish!:) I love the ape cam at the zoo!

Hey animals come only to nice people... (I saw 4 gazelles!!
5.gif
) tee hee just kidding Middie
3.gif
just think of those bird watchers who would squat down behind the bush in a very uncomfortable position for hours and hours waiting for the big opportunities... just keep on checking, the right time will come for sure!!

Thanks, GB. I just reinstalled Real Player, so I can view the site. Re the pandas, etc., you can watch a recap & save time, as they mostly munch and sleep :LOL: . Not long ago, I think one of the pandas gave birth to a little one, and you can view the growth to date.

OMG there's a baboon now!! I just had it running on the background and he is making some funny noises so I looked and there he is, Middie quick and look!!

I just saw a baboon!!!:w00t2: And there's a big ol deer lookin' thing right now! It was a Waterbuck. That is just too cool!!

Last edited:
It's dark there now, but I can hear alot of sounds. Thanks GB! I'll have to check it out when it's daytime there. Even just the sounds are great, very calming.

Crewsk,

My husband saw the elephants today too, same time as you did, I was at the store at the time.

Back
Top Bottom