For Animal lovers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Lets Look After Our Animals
I absolutely love animals and cannot bear to hear of any cruelty against
them . I found this the other day and just had to share it as I am sure all
the lovely people I have met here will so agree with it.

TEN COMMANDMENTS OF ANIMAL GUARDIANSHIP

When you adopt me my life is likely to last only 15 to 20 years.
Don't forsake me, any separation from you is painful.

Give me time to understand what it is you want from me.
Change can be more difficult for me than for you.

Don't be angry with me for a long time, and don't lock me up alone as
punishment.
You have your human family, your friends, your entertainment and I only have
you.

Trust me and help me to trust you, it is crucial for mine as well as your
well being.

Talk to me . . . even if you think I don't understand your words.
I understand your voice and love when you speak to me and stroke me.

Before you hit me remember that I have teeth and claws and could easily hurt
you,
but I choose not to bite and scratch you because I love you.

Be aware, that however you treat me, I will never forget.

Before you scold me, ask yourself if something is wrong.
Perhaps I am sick, or just plain tired, frustrated and weak.
Try to understand what it's like to be me, put yourself in my place.

Take care of me when I get old and don't abandon me, for you, too, will grow
old.
Notice when I am ill, when I need you to take me to the vet for help, just
as you need to see a doctor.

Go with me on the most difficult journeys.
Never say
"I can't bear to watch"
or
"Do it when I leave"
I need you with me even at the end of my journey.
Always do what is best for me even if it is unbearable for you to do so,
because I love you and trust that you will.

I think Texasgirl posted this a while back. It rang true then just as it does now.

my cat thomas is essential for me and my well being. we carry on conversations ( nope not crazy) if i ask him in a question type tone. he meows his answer.

calms me to pet him. and his care gives me someone to love.

Thanks for loving your animals. As I have said in many many posts if it were not for the animals I would jump off bridge. My life without them would have been not even worth making effort to breathe. The abuse and reject ion I experienced I could not wish on any animal. I often wonder if they sense how we have been treated in our lives?

Now that I have been sick for many days, seems they want to be so close to me and actually worry about me. If only people could love each other the way these animals do. Loving someone also includes allowing them to be themselves.

Thanks for appreciating your animals and knowing they are only here because you care about them. Be sure you watch them tonight since it is Halloween. These holidays tend to bring out the weird ones who enjoy abuse.

LadyCook, I did remember seeing this awhile back.
But today is perfect to repost. With tonight being Halloween, I know my baby is gonna be bent out of shape (lots of kids banging on the door). Just like he gets from fireworks on New Year's Eve and 4th of July.

Thanks for loving your animals. As I have said in many many posts if it were not for the animals I would jump off bridge. My life without them would have been not even worth making effort to breathe. The abuse and reject ion I experienced I could not wish on any animal. I often wonder if they sense how we have been treated in our lives?

Now that I have been sick for many days, seems they want to be so close to me and actually worry about me. If only people could love each other the way these animals do. Loving someone also includes allowing them to be themselves.

Thanks for appreciating your animals and knowing they are only here because you care about them. Be sure you watch them tonight since it is Halloween. These holidays tend to bring out the weird ones who enjoy abuse.

In the Kitchen..........you are NOT rejected here........know that first and foremost.......if anyone should feel like life has dealt them a crappy hand it's me.......but you can't hang onto that...........you've got to move on.........and I have........and so will you...........your animals will be fine but definitely look out for them.........they are lucky to have you..........:)

If the world's population was 100% animal lovers, imagine what a peaceful world we would live in.

what a beautiful thought! So true, people would emulate their pets. Unconditional understanding and love. I am so thankful pets are in our world. As I have said many times, animals mean so much to me when people don't care.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom