For Guys Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goodweed of the North said:
Here I try and be a nice guy. Gentlemen, take notice. We will jump into that lake, and it will be at a water temperature of 88 degrees, and it will be clean, without noisy women around. Let's get that fire goin' and those steaks and trout cookin'.

Shhhh. Let's sneak over to the hotel and throw some ice water over the shower curtains, heh, heh, heh. And you know what we'll be flying from our makeshift flagpole.:devilish:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

But in the first post you said our lures would never touch water. :whistling

~ Raven ~

Here I try and be a nice guy. Gentlemen, take notice. We will jump into that lake, and it will be at a water temperature of 88 degrees, and it will be clean, without noisy women around. Let's get that fire goin' and those steaks and trout cookin'.

Shhhh. Let's sneak over to the hotel and throw some ice water over the shower curtains, heh, heh, heh. And you know what we'll be flying from our makeshift flagpole.:devilish:

Would it be this, by any chance?

migreatlakesjollyrodger14lf.jpg

BTW, water guns / Supersoakers stored in refrigerators make for some great fun. So do ice cold water balloons and a water balloon slingshot.

AllenMI said:
Would it be this, by any chance?

migreatlakesjollyrodger14lf.jpg

BTW, water guns / Supersoakers stored in refrigerators make for some great fun. So do ice cold water balloons and a water balloon slingshot.

We can fly that from our canoes:D . And I'm up for the fun. Think we can hit a distant hot tub using that water balloon slingshot?:ROFLMAO:

One of the most enjoyable days in memory was when I was about 17 years of age. I lived on the St. Mary's river, which connects Lake Superior to Lake Huron. It was a warm summer day, July 7 to be exact, my youngest sister's birthday. Our neighbor had three daughters, the oldest of which was my age. My older sister by a year and a half had two of her female freinds over
that day as well. This made a total of about 10 girls, all of whom were sunning on the lush grass of our front yard. My best freind and I rode home on our motor-bikes and parked them so that when we again started them, we would be heading down the block-long drive toward the road. WE put on our swim trunks and tried to get the girls to join us for some kind of water sport. We had a volleyball and just wanted to burn off some energy, be it with chicken fights, water polo, or whatever. Well the girls just dcouldn'tt be bothered. So we picked each of them up, one at a time, and threw them in the river. They wer not happy but went back to sunning themselves. So we picked them up again, and threw them in again. They all stood up at the same time after that and started toward us. We were faster runners though and hit our bikes moving. The kick-stands snapped into place as we turned on the keys. A quick push start and we were screaming dwon teh gravel driveway and away from the obvious trouble behind us. Yep, that was good day that brings smiles to both my and my buddy's face whenever we think back to those energetic days.

I think I could still pick up a squirming, sun-tan-lotion-lubricated, slippery lady and toss her into the river, given half a chance.:LOL:

Last edited:
Heh, heh. I just invited the women to come share a hot dog on a stick, and some smore's. While there here, some of us can go over to there spa and spice up their precious deserts and hors-deuvres a bit. Now we can either sabotage the food (harmlessly of course), or make it supremely better. So we need to decide what we're going to do. Myself, I'm into showing off. I think we can make them forget all about that spa and want to come over to the lake. But we'll keep the camp to ourselves of course.

Any great recipe ideas, either good or bad?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Homemade vanilla bean ice cream, and blueberry cobbler baked in a dutch oven over the campfire.

Anybody got a hand-cranked ice cream machine? Mine's electric.

I was watching "Ham on the Street" the other night. They well secured freezer bag into a large garbage bag along with another bag full of ice and rock salt. The first freezer bag was filled with cream, half-'n-half, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. The garbage bag was also tied shut and tossed around by several guys for about twenty minutes or so. The resultant ice cream was perported to be very creamy, in a soft-serve kind of way. It sure did look good. We could to that.:)

And we could make up some trout ice cream, like they did on Iron Chef one time. We could sneek that over to the girl's spa. heh heh heh.

Heh, heh. I just invited the women to come share a hot dog on a stick, and some smore's. While there here, some of us can go over to there spa and spice up their precious deserts and hors-deuvres a bit

The angrier a Doberman gets the more he foams from his mouth. :cool:

Foamingdobsmall.jpg

We threaten with water ballons. They threaten with dobermans, froth covered dobermans at that. And the female gender is commonly refered to as the gentler sex. Go figure.:rolleyes:

*whistle whistle whistle* Come here, Tinkerbell....bring the fish.:cool:

She's a sweet girl. The foam is whipped cream.:)

Great!:mrgreen: Then it's agreed. All of you ladies come on over to the lake and we'll put you up on our shoulders and engage in proper chicken fights in this beautiful lake. The water's warm and clear, and if you sit still for a few, you can hear the loons calling to you. And this fish is simply amazing, with that deep orange color that only the best speckled trout develop in the ice-cold, deep holes, where all the oxygen is.

But you can only stay for a little while. This is still the "He-Man-Woman-Haters Club" and you never know when an impish thought might enter our male-gone-primitive heads. I even told my wife to come, but only if she brings us something good to eat, something suitable for a manly man. And she knows she has to go home before nightfall.

Now you can sit all day and be pampered and bored, or you can come and see where the real fun is. We got a boat and some pwc's (personal water crafts).

Bucky, you got yer boat warmed up? I'm thinking of skiing barefoot behind it. Then I'll drive and you can ski, show off some of your acrobatic, arial moves.

Oh ladies, my lakefront campsite lives in cyberspace, where anybody can be anything they want. I've got my 21 year-old body back. And I don't requre glasses anymore. Plus, I've go all the knowledge and wisdom of 50 years in that 21 year-old body.

Now, do you want to stay whatever age you are over at Mudbug's tub, or do you want to get whatever body type you've always dreamed of having over at the lake, with the built in skill do particpate in any activity you may have dreamt about over the years? Not only do we have the lake, the boat, and several personal water craft, but there's a ski-hill with a perfectly groomed 2-mile intermediate level slope about half-a day's walk from the shore-line, where the temperature never dips below 26 degrees. And the run-off from the slope provides a white-water-sporting paradise, not to mention some great fly fishing action. We also have mastered the sea-monster rodeo circuit. Ken is our current champion, having ridden the Lock Ness monster until it was thouroughly broken. It is now a favorite ride in a pre-school petting zoo. But when he first lassoed in and climbed on, well it was right up there with the exploits of that tornado riding legend of the old west.

Oh, and we have some of the best cooks from DC at our site, and our own version of Iron Chef going on. And we need a mixed-gender group of judges to sample everything from competition chili, to this amazingly creamy New York cheesecake that's covered with a velvety chocolate ganache and freshly sliced srawberries.

Hey Bucky, how's the Kobe Beef comming along? Is it ready to go on the fire yet? I've got the portabellas and morrels washed.

Well gentlemen, the week was wonderful, good fishing, good company, and great food, with a bit of "sport" with the ladies. All good fun. I'm glad to have had the virtual week with you. Now it's back to work. Notice that the ladies are still indulging themselves. Isn't that just the way it is. We toil away while they sit around and ezpect to be waited upon.:rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Truth be told, I enjoy my work and would feel less than useful if I were to sit around all day in a hot tub. That being said, I hope all of you had as good a time as I did. And I look forward to future fantasy vacations. Now, I have to go back to my normal job on this site and try to be helpful where I can, and learn things to improve my cullinary skills.

Oh, and that kobe beef, it was perfect, as was the blue trout and asparugus. And those morrels...

Congrats to Andy for wining the best chili and to Bucky for some darned good cheesecake. And by the way, Buck, making that cheesecake in the cast iron camping dutch oven was pretty impressive.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

umm, yeah, that cheesecake, i stole it from the girls camp. pepe snuck off the the west village with the navy boys, and left it unattended.

Gentlemen, get your shotguns, black-powder rifles, and archery equipment ready. It's huntin' seaon and Goodweed's He-Man, Woman Hater's club is open for all true men. Bring your favorite cast iron fry pan, dutch oven, and your favorite beverage. Teh cabin is warm. The beverages are cold or hot, and the air-hockey, foozball, and pool tables are ready, not to metion the sattelite dish tuned in for football and the end of the baseball season.

I expect some great food, and great snacks, and have hired a proffesional massage therapist, Rachel, to help with those nagging aches obtained from a hard day of rootin for our favorite teams, er, I mean from choppin' wood and sitting in a duck blind.

Seeeeya at the Lake; Goodweed of the North

Somehow, the lyrics to the song about deer camp come into my head:

"It's the second week of Deer Camp,
and we ain't, seen no deer."

I can't remember the rest of it. It was hilarious, though.

Wow! Someone besides us Yoopers has heard of "Da Yoopers". I'm impressed. And if you've never seen the movie "Escanaba in the Moonlight", well let me just say that there is not a stranger, or funnier movie on the planet.

"Escanaba in the Moonlight"

Love that movie!!

Of course, now that we own land in the UP, it's required viewing. (It came with the title work for the property... :ROFLMAO: )

John

ronjohn55 said:
Love that movie!!

Of course, now that we own land in the UP, it's required viewing. (It came with the title work for the property... :ROFLMAO: )

John
What part of Da UP, Eh! Is it in escanaba? Heh, heh. If so, watch fer dem glowin' eyes when yer pickups crawlin' along a two-track. Yer wouldn't wanna surpize yerself a moose of something, eh. And even more important, look out for dem sleepers what gets behind da wheel of der fancy/schmancy cars and travel from deir lane inta yers. I had one a dem sleepers run me clean offen da road, eh.

True story, even if I slipped into yooper-speak for a moment.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom