"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #61
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
Here I try and be a nice guy. Gentlemen, take notice. We will jump into that lake, and it will be at a water temperature of 88 degrees, and it will be clean, without noisy women around. Let's get that fire goin' and those steaks and trout cookin'.

Shhhh. Let's sneak over to the hotel and throw some ice water over the shower curtains, heh, heh, heh. And you know what we'll be flying from our makeshift flagpole.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
But in the first post you said our lures would never touch water.

~ Raven ~

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #62
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
Here I try and be a nice guy. Gentlemen, take notice. We will jump into that lake, and it will be at a water temperature of 88 degrees, and it will be clean, without noisy women around. Let's get that fire goin' and those steaks and trout cookin'.

Shhhh. Let's sneak over to the hotel and throw some ice water over the shower curtains, heh, heh, heh. And you know what we'll be flying from our makeshift flagpole.

Would it be this, by any chance?

BTW, water guns / Supersoakers stored in refrigerators make for some great fun. So do ice cold water balloons and a water balloon slingshot.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:52 PM   #63
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenMI
Would it be this, by any chance?

BTW, water guns / Supersoakers stored in refrigerators make for some great fun. So do ice cold water balloons and a water balloon slingshot.
We can fly that from our canoes . And I'm up for the fun. Think we can hit a distant hot tub using that water balloon slingshot?

One of the most enjoyable days in memory was when I was about 17 years of age. I lived on the St. Mary's river, which connects Lake Superior to Lake Huron. It was a warm summer day, July 7 to be exact, my youngest sister's birthday. Our neighbor had three daughters, the oldest of which was my age. My older sister by a year and a half had two of her female freinds over
that day as well. This made a total of about 10 girls, all of whom were sunning on the lush grass of our front yard. My best freind and I rode home on our motor-bikes and parked them so that when we again started them, we would be heading down the block-long drive toward the road. WE put on our swim trunks and tried to get the girls to join us for some kind of water sport. We had a volleyball and just wanted to burn off some energy, be it with chicken fights, water polo, or whatever. Well the girls just dcouldn'tt be bothered. So we picked each of them up, one at a time, and threw them in the river. They wer not happy but went back to sunning themselves. So we picked them up again, and threw them in again. They all stood up at the same time after that and started toward us. We were faster runners though and hit our bikes moving. The kick-stands snapped into place as we turned on the keys. A quick push start and we were screaming dwon teh gravel driveway and away from the obvious trouble behind us. Yep, that was good day that brings smiles to both my and my buddy's face whenever we think back to those energetic days.

I think I could still pick up a squirming, sun-tan-lotion-lubricated, slippery lady and toss her into the river, given half a chance.

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #64
Master Chef

Heh, heh. I just invited the women to come share a hot dog on a stick, and some smore's. While there here, some of us can go over to there spa and spice up their precious deserts and hors-deuvres a bit. Now we can either sabotage the food (harmlessly of course), or make it supremely better. So we need to decide what we're going to do. Myself, I'm into showing off. I think we can make them forget all about that spa and want to come over to the lake. But we'll keep the camp to ourselves of course.

Any great recipe ideas, either good or bad?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 08-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #65
Executive Chef

Homemade vanilla bean ice cream, and blueberry cobbler baked in a dutch oven over the campfire.

Anybody got a hand-cranked ice cream machine? Mine's electric.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #66
Master Chef

I was watching "Ham on the Street" the other night. They well secured freezer bag into a large garbage bag along with another bag full of ice and rock salt. The first freezer bag was filled with cream, half-'n-half, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. The garbage bag was also tied shut and tossed around by several guys for about twenty minutes or so. The resultant ice cream was perported to be very creamy, in a soft-serve kind of way. It sure did look good. We could to that.

And we could make up some trout ice cream, like they did on Iron Chef one time. We could sneek that over to the girl's spa. heh heh heh.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #67
Executive Chef

Quote:
Heh, heh. I just invited the women to come share a hot dog on a stick, and some smore's. While there here, some of us can go over to there spa and spice up their precious deserts and hors-deuvres a bit
The angrier a Doberman gets the more he foams from his mouth.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #68
Master Chef

We threaten with water ballons. They threaten with dobermans, froth covered dobermans at that. And the female gender is commonly refered to as the gentler sex. Go figure.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #69
Executive Chef

*whistle whistle whistle* Come here, Tinkerbell....bring the fish.

She's a sweet girl. The foam is whipped cream.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:15 PM   #70
Master Chef

Great! Then it's agreed. All of you ladies come on over to the lake and we'll put you up on our shoulders and engage in proper chicken fights in this beautiful lake. The water's warm and clear, and if you sit still for a few, you can hear the loons calling to you. And this fish is simply amazing, with that deep orange color that only the best speckled trout develop in the ice-cold, deep holes, where all the oxygen is.

But you can only stay for a little while. This is still the "He-Man-Woman-Haters Club" and you never know when an impish thought might enter our male-gone-primitive heads. I even told my wife to come, but only if she brings us something good to eat, something suitable for a manly man. And she knows she has to go home before nightfall.

Now you can sit all day and be pampered and bored, or you can come and see where the real fun is. We got a boat and some pwc's (personal water crafts).

Bucky, you got yer boat warmed up? I'm thinking of skiing barefoot behind it. Then I'll drive and you can ski, show off some of your acrobatic, arial moves.