"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #71
Master Chef

Oh ladies, my lakefront campsite lives in cyberspace, where anybody can be anything they want. I've got my 21 year-old body back. And I don't requre glasses anymore. Plus, I've go all the knowledge and wisdom of 50 years in that 21 year-old body.

Now, do you want to stay whatever age you are over at Mudbug's tub, or do you want to get whatever body type you've always dreamed of having over at the lake, with the built in skill do particpate in any activity you may have dreamt about over the years? Not only do we have the lake, the boat, and several personal water craft, but there's a ski-hill with a perfectly groomed 2-mile intermediate level slope about half-a day's walk from the shore-line, where the temperature never dips below 26 degrees. And the run-off from the slope provides a white-water-sporting paradise, not to mention some great fly fishing action. We also have mastered the sea-monster rodeo circuit. Ken is our current champion, having ridden the Lock Ness monster until it was thouroughly broken. It is now a favorite ride in a pre-school petting zoo. But when he first lassoed in and climbed on, well it was right up there with the exploits of that tornado riding legend of the old west.

Oh, and we have some of the best cooks from DC at our site, and our own version of Iron Chef going on. And we need a mixed-gender group of judges to sample everything from competition chili, to this amazingly creamy New York cheesecake that's covered with a velvety chocolate ganache and freshly sliced srawberries.

Hey Bucky, how's the Kobe Beef comming along? Is it ready to go on the fire yet? I've got the portabellas and morrels washed.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #72
Master Chef

Well gentlemen, the week was wonderful, good fishing, good company, and great food, with a bit of "sport" with the ladies. All good fun. I'm glad to have had the virtual week with you. Now it's back to work. Notice that the ladies are still indulging themselves. Isn't that just the way it is. We toil away while they sit around and ezpect to be waited upon.

Truth be told, I enjoy my work and would feel less than useful if I were to sit around all day in a hot tub. That being said, I hope all of you had as good a time as I did. And I look forward to future fantasy vacations. Now, I have to go back to my normal job on this site and try to be helpful where I can, and learn things to improve my cullinary skills.

Oh, and that kobe beef, it was perfect, as was the blue trout and asparugus. And those morrels...

Congrats to Andy for wining the best chili and to Bucky for some darned good cheesecake. And by the way, Buck, making that cheesecake in the cast iron camping dutch oven was pretty impressive.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 08-15-2006, 12:36 AM   #73
Chef Extraordinaire

umm, yeah, that cheesecake, i stole it from the girls camp. pepe snuck off the the west village with the navy boys, and left it unattended.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 PM   #74
Master Chef

Gentlemen, get your shotguns, black-powder rifles, and archery equipment ready. It's huntin' seaon and Goodweed's He-Man, Woman Hater's club is open for all true men. Bring your favorite cast iron fry pan, dutch oven, and your favorite beverage. Teh cabin is warm. The beverages are cold or hot, and the air-hockey, foozball, and pool tables are ready, not to metion the sattelite dish tuned in for football and the end of the baseball season.

I expect some great food, and great snacks, and have hired a proffesional massage therapist, Rachel, to help with those nagging aches obtained from a hard day of rootin for our favorite teams, er, I mean from choppin' wood and sitting in a duck blind.

Seeeeya at the Lake; Goodweed of the North

Old 09-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #75
Executive Chef

Somehow, the lyrics to the song about deer camp come into my head:

"It's the second week of Deer Camp,
and we ain't, seen no deer."

I can't remember the rest of it. It was hilarious, though.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #76
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenMI
Somehow, the lyrics to the song about deer camp come into my head:

"It's the second week of Deer Camp,
and we ain't, seen no deer."

I can't remember the rest of it. It was hilarious, though.
That's "The Second week of deer camp"(lyrics in link) by Da Yoopers (official site)!

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #77
Master Chef

Wow! Someone besides us Yoopers has heard of "Da Yoopers". I'm impressed. And if you've never seen the movie "Escanaba in the Moonlight", well let me just say that there is not a stranger, or funnier movie on the planet.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Old 09-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #78
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
"Escanaba in the Moonlight"
Love that movie!!

Of course, now that we own land in the UP, it's required viewing. (It came with the title work for the property... )

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #79
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjohn55
Love that movie!!

Of course, now that we own land in the UP, it's required viewing. (It came with the title work for the property... )

John
What part of Da UP, Eh! Is it in escanaba? Heh, heh. If so, watch fer dem glowin' eyes when yer pickups crawlin' along a two-track. Yer wouldn't wanna surpize yerself a moose of something, eh. And even more important, look out for dem sleepers what gets behind da wheel of der fancy/schmancy cars and travel from deir lane inta yers. I had one a dem sleepers run me clean offen da road, eh.

True story, even if I slipped into yooper-speak for a moment.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Old 09-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #80
Head Chef

If you guys want to plan a a get together I thank that would be very nice. Have a nice day.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote