For horse lovers (not a recipe...lol)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for sharing.
As my Jumper trainer wisely stated to me years ago, "When riding a jumper course, the jumping lasts 15 seconds, everything else in between is Dressage."
Dressage truly is ballet on horseback. I love watching the upper levels. It appears as if the rider is just up there for the ride. But watch closely, and you will see legs, seat, hands, fingers, working ever so subtly.
As for Debbie Lillibridge, I know the name but that's all.

Breathtaking, Jan. I couldn't take my eyes off the performance. That horse definitely has rhythm and clearly was having a good time. Almost cried at the end it was so beautiful. I was mesmerized. Thanks for sharing the video.

Martina, the horse, is a smashing little horse, quite young, she's 9. She's an unusual breed for modern dressage too. The tail caused some contraversy - tail swishig is meant to be a sign of tension and resistance, but is more common in some breeds and in mares, both apply to this smashing mare. It was a great test and IMO should probably have won the WEG. Dressage is a hot topic in equine welfare right now! ;)

I really enjoyed watching the video of the horse with a lot of rhythm and having so much fun. Thank you so much for sharing.

When I was about 10 years old I had a horse that I loved to ride. We had her for about 2 years and then we sold her. My mother and father were on the road a lot with my dad's business so I was sent to a boarding school in South Pasadena.

Renee Attili said:
Thanks for sharing.
As my Jumper trainer wisely stated to me years ago, "When riding a jumper course, the jumping lasts 15 seconds, everything else in between is Dressage."
Dressage truly is ballet on horseback. I love watching the upper levels. It appears as if the rider is just up there for the ride. But watch closely, and you will see legs, seat, hands, fingers, working ever so subtly.
As for Debbie Lillibridge, I know the name but that's all.

Your trainer was definately right. I just wish I'd studied the art instead of using dressage as a means to the end.

Debbie Lillibridge and I were best friends since 3rd grade and we rode together through HS. I lost touch with her and was devestated to learn she had passed away from breast cancer. There is a Debra Lillibridge Memorial Trophy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom