For Middie - these wolves are for you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marm,
What beautiful animals..thank you for posting their sites.
My DH's niece has the only German Restaurant in Black Mountian NC. If we get to make another trip back there I would love to go to FullMoon Farm..
Marge~Dove

I'm on my way to the area this weekend! I'm actually going to Maryville TN, to visit this Shiloh Shepherd kennel: http://www.dayspringdogs.com/Timber.html

One of these very special rare breed will find his/her way into our home, probably next year. Everything I have read about these absolutely incredible animals has made me fall in love with them. And - there are a lot of 'fakes' out there, folks who are just breeding 'giant' german shepherds, and long-hair german shepherds. The dogs from the above kennel, and others like it, follow the breed founder's strict guidelines in terms of breeding for size, temperament, and brains!

Hope you enjoy the pictures - watch out, the puppy pics are irresistable!

Well, wolves and wolf-dogs are a bit of a handful - but check out the Shilohs! If you're like me, you'll fall in love!

I used to raise wolves and the wolf/dog mixes many years ago. Never bred any other dog breed to them outside of a Malamute and an occasional Siberian Husky. Using other breeds is not a good idea at all. They have personalities/temperments totally different from regular dogs and the lucky people that are going to give them a home (for life) need to learn and truly understand this. If you are ever lucky enough to bond with one of these wonderfully fantastic animals, you will know what I mean. I will try to find photos of some of the ones I was truly blessed to have known, but I think most photos were lost when we moved here 11 years ago. :'(

"Domestic" breeding of wolves or cross breeding is a bad thing, IMHO. The place I check on is www.wolf.org which is the site for the International Wolf Center in Ely, MN. Thanks for those links though. I usually but some gifts for family from there for special occassions. I'll be checking out these links too!

Bigdog, almost all of the ones I had were rescues from abuse and people that did not know what they were getting into. Most of those people got into it for the status. Wrong thing to do!!!! I still rescue animals of all sorts (reptiles exculded!!!).

No, I'm not advocating wolves or wolf-hybrids as pets, either! I think the work that the folks on the rescue sites, and people like Shunka do is wonderful. The animals can't help who they are. It's (@#*(@ people who breed them because it's a 'status' thing.

And to keep it straight, Shiloh Shepherds (at least the ones bred by the founder and registered as ISSR Shilohs) are NOT wolf-hybrids!

Thank you Marm for sharing..they are beautiful animals .
I'm not sure just where Maryville Tn. is. We have driven Highway 40 from Ca. to NC many, many times..Will you be in the Black Mountain area? Just a stones throw east of Asheville NC. My niece (DH's) niece and husband own the German Restaurant in Black Mountain. Well worth the stop and really super people.
Berliner Kindel, Inc.
German Restaurant & Dili
20 Ball Street
Black Mountain, NC
826-669-5255

A funny thing..When Kitchenelf's friend invited Elf and DH out for dinner she said they were going to a friends place about an hour up into the mountains..It was Sharon and Freddie's restaurant. It turns out Elf's friend was Sharon's Bridesmaid !

Small world, isn't it, Dove!

Here's Maryville:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=Maryville&state=TN&zipcode=

(Yikes - that was Mapquest, in case you couldn't get to it, lol!)

A little south of I-40, southwest of Knoxville and Sieverville. I can't wait!! This will be my first weekend 'away' in over 2 years, and I sure do need it!

I will be at the Dayspring Kennel all day Saturday, then going back to Maggie Valley Sat. nite. I'm thinking - maybe - of heading up I-40 to Asheville, then to Black Mountain - not sure if I'm going to do that, or just cruise down through Bat Cave and Chimney Rock and Lake Lure on the way home - you can see my itinerary is pretty loose! :) I love the Smokies - my soul is there, and it's where I find peace. I know there's a Cherokee somewhere in my past! :)

Back
Top Bottom