For the guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something tells me it would not trim as long as I would want Alix. I could not picture any lady having hair on their body anywhere, but their head, that would be as long as my modest beard. I had a friend who swore by his girlfriends electric razor for a short cut though. I gave him plenty of hell for using a cute hot pink razor for years!

... it has more variety in the lengths it will trim. It goes from VERY short to quite long...

Not to be indelicate but I'm having trouble picturing why women might want to select the length of the hair they're trimming rather than shaving it off.

GB, that particular shaver's variants are from about 1/8in to about 3/4in in length. I'm not LOOKING at it right now, but thats what I can recall.

Andy, I'm going to try to answer delicately. Its a bikini trimmer, and it is now de rigueur to trim ALL areas. I understand men are also trimming all body hair to be "tidy".

Last edited:
GB, that particular shaver's variants are from about 1/8in to about 3/4in in length. I'm not LOOKING at it right now, but thats what I can recall.

Andy, I'm going to try to answer delicately. Its a bikini trimmer, and it is now de rigueur to trim ALL areas. I understand men are also trimming all body hair to be "tidy".

I would agree that it goes up to about 3/4 inch.

I'm afraid I can't answer any more delicately than Alix on the other part :rolleyes:

...Andy, I'm going to try to answer delicately. Its a bikini trimmer, and it is now de rigueur to trim ALL areas. I understand men are also trimming all body hair to be "tidy". [/FONT]

I understand that. What I don't understand is the various lengths. I figured it would be either not trimmed at all or shaved.

Are the different lengths a fashion statement?

Ummm...well lets see. I'm afraid to delve too deeply into this! Its not an all or nothing proposition anymore. I don't think "fashion statement" is necessarily the best descriptor, but close enough. The current media trend is that we should all be trimmed etc. Check this link for a commercial that might illustrate better than I can.

Actually Andy, I would agree with the ladies that it is the same thing. While beards and hairdos are on public display, the other is often on display as well, just (usually) for a smaller audience.

Actually Andy, I would agree with the ladies that it is the same thing. While beards and hairdos are on public display, the other is often on display as well, just (usually) for a smaller audience.

Hmmm. Never considered myself an audience.

Oh dear lord. I'm amazed at how delicate we've all been! I have to tell you, I'm supervising an exam right now. I think I've given myself an injury from stifling my laughter, and I REALLY have to go to the bathroom! Thanks a lot guys!:LOL::LOL:

Not for nothing, but I use a small pair of scissors and a little comb. Haven't worn a beard in years though, but the 'stache gets trimmed manually.

Back
Top Bottom