For the ones who have lost their mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
It can also be for ANYONE you lost!!
My niece put this on her myspace in honor of my mom. I just love it! GET A TISSUE!!

In tears we saw you sinking,
And watched you pass away.

Our hearts were almost broken,
We wanted you to stay.

But when we saw you sleeping,
So peaceful, free from pain,
How could we wish you back with us,
To suffer that again.

It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you did not go alone,
For part of us went with you,
The day God took you home.

If Roses grow in Heaven,
Lord please pick a bunch for me,
Place them in my Mother's arms
and tell her they're from me.

Tell her I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
place a kiss upon her cheek
and hold her for awhile.

Because remembering her is easy,
I do it every day,
but there's an ache within my heart
that will never go away.

Don't think of her as gone away
Her journey's just begun
Life holds so many facets
This earth is only one
Just think of her as resting
From the sorrows and the tears
In a place of warmth and comfort
Where there are no days and years
Think how she must be wishing
That we could know, today
Now nothing but our sadness
Can really pass away
And think of her as living
In the hearts of those she touched
For nothing loved is ever lost
And she is loved so very much.

Annonymous

Awe... it is wonderful! Thanks, I had my cry for the day! I miss both my mom and dad very much!

Thank you Stacy,
a warm loving tribute to those we love and dearly miss..
kadesma (cj)

Thank you Stacy
It has been nearly thirteen years since my mum died - I still miss her and regret so much that she (who always worked with children) hasn't been here to watch her grandchildren grow up.

That was so nice Stacy! Thank you for posting that. I lost my mom December 11, 2000. James lost his mom in the late 80s and his dad in the late 90s.

Barbara

Lost mom 28 years ago and dad 32. But they are still my compass in life. Whenever the poop has hit the rotating device or I need some moral advice I just think what would the folks say.

I still do miss them.

Get a tissue? A tissue????? Girl I had to blow my nose, and wash my face....

{{{{{{{{Miss Stacy}}}}}}}}

For those of you that still have your mother...pick up the phone...right now, and tell her you love her!!! I wish I could!!!:(

Me, too, Uncle Bob. And even though she's been gone 16 years, I still start for the phone to call her every now and then. Thanks, Stacy - brought tears to my eyes, too.

Here is one that was given to me when my daddy passed. Both my mom and dad passed (6 months apart) 4 years ago.

Autumn Rain

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints upon the snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am that swift uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die.

Me and mom would read this to each other and cry..... now I cry for them both. :cry::cry:

Last edited:
That was nice, Stacy.
I stayed away from this post earlier today, having lost my mother only a little over a year ago.
That was very nice.

Sattie, I have that one hanging up on my frig, this one will join it. They are both beautiful and nice to think on in times when noone can help but your mom or dad. That is the hardest part. When something happens, I would pick up the phone and call her. Even after 16 years, it's so hard. I was 23 when she died and my boys don't remember her. She was the grandmother they never had!!

Pacanis, the first mother's day is the worst and it will be hard on you Sunday, but, just know, your not alone. She is there everyday holding your hand. And know, we are all here thinking about each other. Through the pain of this, it's nice to know your not alone in the sorrow.

I just lost my Mom 2 months ago....this has been a very hard time of year for me. Thank you for posting that.

Thanks for sharing, Stacy. I will print out and save for when we lose Buck's mom. I never really had a mom, so can't relate to all the lovely "mom fuzzies" others have posted. When Buck's mom dies, a huge hole will be left. She's been the mother I never knew. Been fortunate to have had her in my life for 33 years. My daddy has been gone 35 years. He was my rock and foundation and I miss him every day still.

My sis-in-law died about 4 years ago, her daughters were 8,6 and 5.
Thank you for that, the oldest is 13 and would love that, I think I will print that off for her.

I'm sorry to all of you that have lost your mothers. I can't begin to know your pain but could I give a suggestion? Please try to reach out to the moms that are in the local nursing homes and hospitals all alone this year? My mother, daughters and I will be visiting the local home this Sunday. It's a family tradition that Mom started when she was 17 and her mother had passed away, and her 2 younger siblings needed to feel for someone else. What a better way?

Sattie, I have that one hanging up on my frig, this one will join it. They are both beautiful and nice to think on in times when noone can help but your mom or dad. That is the hardest part. When something happens, I would pick up the phone and call her. Even after 16 years, it's so hard. I was 23 when she died and my boys don't remember her. She was the grandmother they never had!!

Pacanis, the first mother's day is the worst and it will be hard on you Sunday, but, just know, your not alone. She is there everyday holding your hand. And know, we are all here thinking about each other. Through the pain of this, it's nice to know your not alone in the sorrow.

Yea, my dad would call me at 7am to just talk... use to drive me NUTS because I love to sleep in.... you have no idea how much I miss those calls now!

My heart goes out to all that have lost their mom or dad or other loved one.

Back
Top Bottom