For the serious cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is cool.
Is that Woot legit? After just having another credit card frauded I'm a little leery of new online places.

pacanis - yes woot is legit. I've purchased stuff from them before and never had any problems. My guys like some their funny t-shirts. My current laptop was a refurb from them 2 years ago and is still going strong.

Oh, I need to get one of those for our friends' son-in-law. He just graduated from culinary school and is apprenticing in a camp on an isolated island for the next three years! He'll love it!

question: would a real macho "man's man" who is an avid big game hunter and gun collector go for this tee? he graduated from a culinary academy in ireland many years ago. he also organizes a lot of catering events. perhaps for some of the less formal affairs, like outdoor family reunions, i'm thinking maybe a chef wearing a teeshirt like this would be kinda cool. what do some of you guys think?

pacanis - yes woot is legit. I've purchased stuff from them before and never had any problems. My guys like some their funny t-shirts. My current laptop was a refurb from them 2 years ago and is still going strong.

Thanks. I'm going to get a couple. I don't wear an apron and these will make perfect cooking shirts.

Crap. I dragged my feet, too, by the time I found out that woot wasn't one of those spam sites. It seems they are the only ones selling it, too. Funny they would sell out so quickly.

Crap. I dragged my feet, too, by the time I found out that woot wasn't one of those spam sites. It seems they are the only ones selling it, too. Funny they would sell out so quickly.

maybe they'll crank out another batch of the tees if they were so popular and sold so well. hope so anyway.:)

maybe they'll crank out another batch of the tees if they were so popular and sold so well. hope so anyway.:)

I think I've got everything there except for the grill starter lighter they used for the trigger assembly. And the hardware store sells those. Maybe I'll take everything to a silk screen shop and say, Here you go. Make this. :LOL:

pacanis said:
I think I've got everything there except for the grill starter lighter they used for the trigger assembly. And the hardware store sells those. Maybe I'll take everything to a silk screen shop and say, Here you go. Make this. :LOL:

That was my thought too. Or put the stuff on your printer and take a black screen print, then take it to the silk screen shop. Or assemble and take a picture.

Yeah, seriously, I'm sure he could make one from the detailed picture. I just saved it in My Pics :mrgreen:
That would be fun to play around building one though. It might make for an interesting game... building different items out of kitchen utensils and posting the pics for everyone to guess.

pacanis said:
Yeah, seriously, I'm sure he could make one from the detailed picture. I just saved it in My Pics :mrgreen:
That would be fun to play around building one though. It might make for an interesting game... building different items out of kitchen utensils and posting the pics for everyone to guess.

I wonder about copyright laws with the original...is there such a thing? Too cool not to try, though.

FYI, that is just the shirt of the day sale. You can order it later. It will be a bit more but you should be able to still get it. On the website you'll see "the reckoning" and you can order shirts that have been offered before.

the kitchen warfare teeshirt is available for purchase at the shirt/woot site. the cost is $15 instead of $10 now, but you can still buy one of these cool shirts if you wish. after they sold out the other day, i spent a good hour viewing 30+ pages of cook's tee designs. they had nothing (underline nothing) to compare with this cool design, and theirs all cost way more! :)

Back
Top Bottom