"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #21
Executive Chef

Fisher's Mom, post # 19, haven't had one of them since 1989!!! Had a couple live withs since, but not since moving down here.

seperate but equal is my motto!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #22
Master Chef

Wait til you hit the actual menopause ... mood swings

Menopause, Menopause Symptoms: hot flashes, night sweats, itching, tinnitis, low libido
just added a link

Old 05-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Fisher's Mom, post # 19, haven't had one of them since 1989!!! Had a couple live withs since, but not since moving down here.

seperate but equal is my motto!!!
I have one, but he's lived in another city for almost 5 years. That's probably the reason perimenopause hasn't been too bad so far. (He comes on the weekends and I've noticed my "crankiness" seems to rear it's ugly head more often then.)
Old 05-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #24
Master Chef

Menopause Jewelry

My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings,
bought me a mood ring the other day so he would be
able to monitor my moods.
We've discovered that when I'm in a good mood,
it turns green and when I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a
big red mark on his forehead.

Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #25
Master Chef

I remember standing outside on the deck, naked, when it was 20 degrees, just trying to get cooled off. I had a fibroid tumor, and the bigger it got, the more my uterus cramped and bled trying to push it out, to the point where I never knew when I was going to start flooding. By the time I had a hysterectomy, the fibroid was the size of a large cantaloupe. (The Dr. had a thing about fruit, I guess...we went from peach to orange to grapefruit to cantaloupe!)

I truly believe that once a woman is finished having children, she's better off without that durned uterus! And there's no reason not to have a hysterectomy done these days, as the surgeries been simplified, being done through the navel and the ******, without the pain we went through back when I had it done.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #26
Executive Chef

No thanks, Constance. I'd rather sweat than do pain.
I tell everyone medical, especially the dentist..." I DON"T DO PAIN". "IF YOU HURT ME, I WILL BITE YOU, SO GIVE ME DOUBLE NOVACAIN." They do and everybody is happy and intact.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance View Post
I remember standing outside on the deck, naked, when it was 20 degrees, just trying to get cooled off. I had a fibroid tumor, and the bigger it got, the more my uterus cramped and bled trying to push it out, to the point where I never knew when I was going to start flooding. By the time I had a hysterectomy, the fibroid was the size of a large cantaloupe. (The Dr. had a thing about fruit, I guess...we went from peach to orange to grapefruit to cantaloupe!)

I truly believe that once a woman is finished having children, she's better off without that durned uterus! And there's no reason not to have a hysterectomy done these days, as the surgeries been simplified, being done through the navel and the ******, without the pain we went through back when I had it done.
I have a fibroid, too, that is starting to give me grief. I found out I had it when I was 41 at a routine dr. appt. She told me about it and I was freaked out - I'd not had any symptoms. Then she said it really wasn't an issue as long as it wasn't bothering me and I didn't want anymore children. (Five years later, I had my youngest!) But the past couple of years I've been having the same type of symptoms as you, Constance. It's my understanding that once you finally actually achieve menopause, they go away completely but until then, they grow. Mine's pretty big but I'm trying to wait it out so it will disappear.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

hmmm, no men allowed, huh?

well, there's a similarly titled thread going on right now that doesn't discriminate: Dry, fallen cakes... please help!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #29
Master Chef

Very funny, BT.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #30
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks Vera, and I feel for you, but things will get better!

Until I was 20 I, much to the frustration of my mother and sister had wonderful cycles - they came exactly on time, no pain, bloating and lasted three days, no more no less. At twenty I had a cyst on my ovary burst because they were taking too long trying to find out what was wrong with me and that's when the joy ride ended and I started on the roller coaster. I had PMS before it was even PMS and bad too. I would end up missing a day or even two every month due to the pain and other symptoms. I went through all this only to find out that I couldn't even have kids and then had a procedure done to remove the lining of the uterus to stop the cycle (sometimes 3 times in a month). It helped for two years and then came back. I suffered (and so did my DH poor guy) from non-ending bouts of 2 weeks PMS, 1 week of "it" and a couple of days of peace and quiet before it started again.

3 and a half years ago I had a complete hysterectomy and woke up with instant menopause - the hot flashes literaly started when I woke up in my hospital room and didn't let up for 3 years, they are finally getting better, but I still get at least 2 a day. The upside though is that my moods have totally calmed down and now, at almost 50 I feel like I did back before I was 20 and the nightmare started. DH is much happier too!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote