For Women Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fisher's Mom, post # 19, haven't had one of them since 1989!!! Had a couple live withs since, but not since moving down here.

seperate but equal is my motto!!!

Fisher's Mom, post # 19, haven't had one of them since 1989!!! Had a couple live withs since, but not since moving down here.

seperate but equal is my motto!!!
I have one, but he's lived in another city for almost 5 years. That's probably the reason perimenopause hasn't been too bad so far. (He comes on the weekends and I've noticed my "crankiness" seems to rear it's ugly head more often then.)

Menopause Jewelry

My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings,
bought me a mood ring the other day so he would be
able to monitor my moods.
We've discovered that when I'm in a good mood,
it turns green and when I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a
big red mark on his forehead.

Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond.

I remember standing outside on the deck, naked, when it was 20 degrees, just trying to get cooled off. I had a fibroid tumor, and the bigger it got, the more my uterus cramped and bled trying to push it out, to the point where I never knew when I was going to start flooding. By the time I had a hysterectomy, the fibroid was the size of a large cantaloupe. (The Dr. had a thing about fruit, I guess...we went from peach to orange to grapefruit to cantaloupe!)

I truly believe that once a woman is finished having children, she's better off without that durned uterus! And there's no reason not to have a hysterectomy done these days, as the surgeries been simplified, being done through the navel and the ******, without the pain we went through back when I had it done.

No thanks, Constance. I'd rather sweat than do pain.
I tell everyone medical, especially the dentist..." I DON"T DO PAIN". "IF YOU HURT ME, I WILL BITE YOU, SO GIVE ME DOUBLE NOVACAIN." They do and everybody is happy and intact.

I remember standing outside on the deck, naked, when it was 20 degrees, just trying to get cooled off. I had a fibroid tumor, and the bigger it got, the more my uterus cramped and bled trying to push it out, to the point where I never knew when I was going to start flooding. By the time I had a hysterectomy, the fibroid was the size of a large cantaloupe. (The Dr. had a thing about fruit, I guess...we went from peach to orange to grapefruit to cantaloupe!)

I truly believe that once a woman is finished having children, she's better off without that durned uterus! And there's no reason not to have a hysterectomy done these days, as the surgeries been simplified, being done through the navel and the ******, without the pain we went through back when I had it done.
I have a fibroid, too, that is starting to give me grief. I found out I had it when I was 41 at a routine dr. appt. She told me about it and I was freaked out - I'd not had any symptoms. Then she said it really wasn't an issue as long as it wasn't bothering me and I didn't want anymore children. (Five years later, I had my youngest!:)) But the past couple of years I've been having the same type of symptoms as you, Constance. It's my understanding that once you finally actually achieve menopause, they go away completely but until then, they grow. Mine's pretty big but I'm trying to wait it out so it will disappear.

Thanks Vera, and I feel for you, but things will get better!

Until I was 20 I, much to the frustration of my mother and sister had wonderful cycles - they came exactly on time, no pain, bloating and lasted three days, no more no less. At twenty I had a cyst on my ovary burst because they were taking too long trying to find out what was wrong with me and that's when the joy ride ended and I started on the roller coaster. I had PMS before it was even PMS and bad too. I would end up missing a day or even two every month due to the pain and other symptoms. I went through all this only to find out that I couldn't even have kids and then had a procedure done to remove the lining of the uterus to stop the cycle (sometimes 3 times in a month). It helped for two years and then came back. I suffered (and so did my DH poor guy) from non-ending bouts of 2 weeks PMS, 1 week of "it" and a couple of days of peace and quiet before it started again.

3 and a half years ago I had a complete hysterectomy and woke up with instant menopause - the hot flashes literaly started when I woke up in my hospital room and didn't let up for 3 years, they are finally getting better, but I still get at least 2 a day. The upside though is that my moods have totally calmed down and now, at almost 50 I feel like I did back before I was 20 and the nightmare started. DH is much happier too!

HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA!!!!!!!
Okay. I knew I had to check back here when I saw b.t.'s name on the list.
I'll give you cake. Or a pie in the face. Just too funny!

I wish my feet were warmer. I am temperature sensitive in the opposite direction to what you are Vera Blue. I am often too cold.

Of course this generation will get old. On the outside anyway. Getting wrinkles and grey hair is traditional. :)

Mel

By the time I had a hysterectomy, the fibroid was the size of a large cantaloupe. (The Dr. had a thing about fruit, I guess...we went from peach to orange to grapefruit to cantaloupe!)

My doctor was more sports minded. My fibroid was a golf ball, then a baseball and finally a soccer ball when they took it out. I am very glad we didn't make it to a beach ball!!!!!!!!!!

I feel bad for bt - I think he's feeling left out.

If you want, bt, you can start a thread about prostate issues as men age (and all the stuff that goes along with it) and we'll drop in and make "supportive" remarks!:)
Your Power-surging Pal, Terry

back up there, mrs. farenheit!

i'm not wearing flame retardant clothing!

i need to get me some of that christmas tree spray.

unfortunately, i've heard it makes your prostate grow. :(

ok, before vb gets mad at me, back to dry, fallen... err. back to fire prevention.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh. You guys!! I am laughing so hard I have tears running down my face. BT I swear if you make one more teenager look at me like I'm nuts I'm coming to Joisey and giving you what for! Seriously though, too funny!!

Ladies, you have my sympathies and my fervent wish that all your symptoms will be shortlived.

You didn't mention crankiness, moodiness and weird spells of forgetfulness. If you haven't experienced those yet, get ready for them.

I wanted to mention that business about forgetfullness....but I forgot.

Actually, it's the words.. I forget words, and I don't mean rarely used words like antidisestablishmentarianism or anything like that. I mean easy words, like butter and garage. \

Did I ever tell you that I recently forgot how to extricate myself from my own car? I've been driving Nissan Altimas for 5 years now. This particular model I've had for just under 2 years. About 6 months ago, after a short drive to...well, I don't remember where I was going, but;) when I got home, I looked at the door and couldn't remember how to get out. The entire panel looked foreign to me. It was as though I'd discovered myself in a Klingon bird of prey and the exit was cloaked. Without a doubt, it freaked me out, especially since my boyfriend got out of the passenger side with ease.

The whole incident was an absolute shame.:(

.............what was I saying????:-p

And for anyone keeping track, May now has a circle. Yeah ovaries, way to empty the nest. C'mon seven, gimme lucky seven.

OMG Vera, that's hysterical! Mostly because the same type of things have been happening to me, but they weren't too funny when I thought I was the only one! The loss of words is so frustrating because it pops up at the most inconvenient times - like when I'm directing (read: yelling at) my kids. It's hard make them think I mean business when I can't remember what the heck I was trying to say (yell) at them! I really hope this goes away.

Like your car, there are times when suddenly I can't remember how to work a machine that I use all the time. It doesn't seem to last for long - maybe 30 seconds - but it's a really bizarre feeling. Your Klingon analogy really nails it.

Glad to hear you're another egg down! I'm scared to think how many I may have left - too depressing. (My theory is that I'm way behind since I spent 8 or 9 years pregnant. I'm 51 now. Do you think I could still be doing this til I'm 60?????)

See, Fisher'sMom, you post an interesting question. What does happen to all those eggs who were next in the rotation while you're incubating the winner?

The way I understand it, a baby girl is born with a full house of ovaries, yes? She'll pass one every 4 weeks till the nest is empty, yes? So, if I wanted to guess how many I was born with, what..do I just multiply how many months have passed since I was 11, subtract the pregancies and then I'll know what I got when the egg fairy passed my cradle?

I have a better question....why does this kind of information even interest me? Do you think my posing this question has inspired anyone to actually do the math???????:wacko:

I'm going to go work out now...while I still have enough eggs left to help me lose weight. To hear those other ladies tell it, you need a basket of eggs to help with weight loss.

(and for all of you who are trying to do the math, don't forget to take into allowance twins, both fraternal and identical you get a bonus if your twins were fraternal, and for god's sake, don't forget to count the leap years)

Back
Top Bottom