For Women Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I now also have some thick hairs growing on my face from two moles. It is usually just two or three and I pluck them on a regular basis. However, ever since puberty I have had some "peach fuzz growing above my upper lip. I was mortified in Grade 10 when I was in the school office running the school newspaper off on the guestetner machine (no photocopiers in those days) and the principal of all people walked by me and said "is that a moustache I see?" My self-esteem was low in those days but that just put me at rock bottom. I borrowed my sister's leg shaver when I got home and tried to shave it off but of course it came back thicker. A friend suggested bleaching it and finally I resorted to going and getting it, and my thick eyebrows (almost just one) waxed every 3 weeks.

Now, I don't worry so much, except the most pronounced hairs.
You know, some educators really don't have a clue!!! What a crappy thing to say to a young lady! It made me cringe just reading it. I remember being sooo self-conscious once I hit puberty and was horrified that I had dark hair on my forearms. I didn't know that we all have hair on our arms and if you have dark hair on your head, it'll be dark on your arms. I think I wore long sleeves for about 2 years straight!

:) All I know is I will not mess around with HRT ( hormone replacement therapy) I will take my knocks as they come and try some natural methods as well if I need to. Yes I am in denial so far since there are no problems and if there are I will search the web for every possible alternative as I do not believe the doctors have all the answers in many areas of health.

No doctors do not have all the answers...they don't have the time to......this is why the consumer needs to be proactive........got really tired of paying big bucks to handle interstitial cystitis----even the urologist was impressed that I had diagnosed it (well I didn't---a great doctor in Egypt did but that's not what he called it........anyway after enduring a month of unrelenting pain I went online and after much research found something that helped me......also it's aggravated by travel......so I now overnight in Frankfurt. on the way back to the states... luckily I have not had a flareup in over 5 years...it definitely flared up during menopause

:) All I know is I will not mess around with HRT ( hormone replacement therapy) I will take my knocks as they come and try some natural methods as well if I need to. Yes I am in denial so far since there are no problems and if there are I will search the web for every possible alternative as I do not believe the doctors have all the answers in many areas of health.

The hormone gel I used is actually naturally sourced Estrogen. I had to go on it because of other conditions I had, and I told the doctor that if I was going to do HRT, it had to be as natural as possible. I used it for close to four years with no adverse affects.

I love this discussion!!! I have no sisters but this feels like how sisters would talk about these things. It must be true - we really are all sisters under the skin!
Fisher's Mom - You are so right. Aren't we lucky? Thank you, Al Gore, for inventing the internet! (Just kidding)

For many years my yearly check up asked the usual questions. I knew I was old when before I knew it the questions changed. Like did I have a problem with incontinence when I cough or sneeze? Should I? Gee whiz.

Yes I hang my legs out,in,out,in,out,in.

For many years my yearly check up asked the usual questions. I knew I was old when before I knew it the questions changed. Like did I have a problem with incontinence when I cough or sneeze? Should I? Gee whiz.

Yes I hang my legs out,in,out,in,out,in.

Surely I'm not the only woman here who crosses her legs when she sneezes or coughs...;)

Women in mine start at 40. LOL Maybe that is why I have gained all this weight, my bp is rediculous, today, my feet and up to my knees are so swollen, I have cankles and if you push, there will be an indention for about 2 minutes. I now stay gripey, dh calls it something else.:angel: LOL:LOL:
And the sneezes REALLY get me sometimes!! What is up with THAT??:huh:

Women in mine start at 40. LOL Maybe that is why I have gained all this weight, my bp is rediculous, today, my feet and up to my knees are so swollen, I have cankles and if you push, there will be an indention for about 2 minutes. I now stay gripey, dh calls it something else.:angel: LOL:LOL:
And the sneezes REALLY get me sometimes!! What is up with THAT??:huh:
what are cankles----I feel for you on everything else.......and yes, Vera Blue.....crossing your legs upon sneezing and coughing is a given...but I love the commercials that promise you worst side effects than you want to deal with........nope......don't think so........will deal with crossing my legs.....works just as well without giving me anal leakage.........etc.....:ROFLMAO:

Expat, if you gotta ask what a cankle is, your problems ain't as bad as you thought!
JUST KIDDING!

I bet Buckytom could figure this one out, from his extensive research, not hands on, of course, but enough to at least lead us in the right direction.

What say you, buckytom?

of course i know what cankles are.

calves so thick they go straight down into your feet. the area of the lower calf is called a cankle. :smartass:

if they are grabbed on occasion, men usually don't have anything bad to say about them. :mrgreen:

(hey, yous guys were talking about peeing, so don't tell me i'm dragging the conversation down...)

Back
Top Bottom