For You, My Friends, With Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How beautiful, Cat!!

When I saw you'd chosen a piece done by the Moody Blues, I knew it would be special. Thanks for the thought.

P.S. The Moody Blues is probably my favorite group of all time and, guess what? On March 31, Glenn and I are going to attend a live performance they're giving in our area. Can't wait. I've pulled out all my old cassettes, LPs and CDs I have of theirs and have been playing up a storm!

How beautiful, Cat!!

When I saw you'd chosen a piece done by the Moody Blues, I knew it would be special. Thanks for the thought.

P.S. The Moody Blues is probably my favorite group of all time and, guess what? On March 31, Glenn and I are going to attend a live performance they're giving in our area. Can't wait. I've pulled out all my old cassettes, LPs and CDs I have of theirs and have been playing up a storm!

Oh my! How wonderful! I've never seen them, but Joyce did. She fell of asleep in the front row of their concert and that man, Justin Hayward woke her up. It was of before the concert began and she had just returned to leave of the Army vacation of concerning of a terrible plane crash she had to do the news of.

The first song Joyce learned of guitar was "Nights In White Satin" which is so very easy! I heard of this and I love the Moody Blues! She cannot read music as I can but she is very odd. She hears music and can play of the music. It is very strange, yes?

Hi, Cat. I've not been around for a while so didn't know you were back on DC. How are things? I hope all is well

Yes! Hello! Everything is so wonderful! I have had flinging posts of everything, it is good to see you!

Love,
~Cat

Hi, it's Joyce here, helping Cat with the lyrics and explaining them. She tried, but didn't get the grammar or punctuation right so I'm stepping in on her account.....for her.

This is what she has to say:

Well I've had dreams enough for one
And I've got love enough for three

Here, she means her love for Carl and Anna. She means it's not just her now.
I have my hopes to comfort me
I got my new horizons out to sea

This is where she had to leave the old boat and build a new one, the Catina II. She also hoped to be a journalist but the Black Sea was calling her.

But I'm never going to lose your precious gift
It will always be that way
Cos I know I'm going to find my own peace of mind
Someday...

She won't ever forget what y'all and DC did for her including that recipe book, "DC On The Black Sea." I know, I helped her categorize it. I think she found her peace of mind in her new boat and in the circumstances that brought her back to Romania.

Where is this place that we have found
Nobody knows where we are bound

She loved America but when her aunt hit her and took her dinner away, she was upset and called her Mom.

I long to hear, I need to see
Cos I've shed tears too many for me

That part was when her tires were slashed and Carl had an asthma attack over it. He was horrified and furious.

Someday...

Again it comes to DC and she will always love y'all and someday she will grow up.

On the wind soaring free
Spread your wings

She's a pilot and loves to fly. But she's a sailor too and feels free.

I'm beginning to see
Out of mind far from view
Beyond the reach of a nightmare come true

She escaped the vitriol of her cousins.

Well I've had dreams enough for one
And I got love enough for three
I have my hopes to comfort me
I got my new horizons out to sea

Someday...
Someway...

And she did.

She was yakking away at me though this whole thing while I'm trying to type and now my job is done, thank God.

I'll give this back to Cat and go clean my car. Geez.

Thank you Joyce, you explained it so very well of me!

Love,
~Cat

The first song Joyce learned of guitar was "Nights In White Satin" which is so very easy! I heard of this and I love the Moody Blues! She cannot read music as I can but she is very odd. She hears music and can play of the music. It is very strange, yes?

Love,
~Cat
"The Moody Blues" and "Nights in White Satin" - Ooh, that takes me back!

When I was young and foolish a group of us who had done our teacher training together, used to go to Menorca every year for the whole of the school summer vacation in the 1970s. The bar we frequented had a juke box with some quite elderly tunes on it and "Ns in WS" was a favourite. Whoever wrote the titles on the panel had written "The Moddy Blues" and the group has been called that by us ever since.

(Sigh!)
And then there was the gorgeous Spaniard (son of the retired Military Governor of the islands - I don't waste my time on waiters!) I was even introduced to his father and brother and sister-in-law which was very unusual.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom