ForeverCool Gel Mats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
I got one of these last year and it was wonderful over the summer. I had folded it up and put it in the drawer for the winter. Now when I may need it, it seems to be dehydrated and is hard. Does anyone know if I can just put it in water to revive it? Or is it a lost cause?

I've been Googling for 30 minutes and have not come across the right combination to find this problem or it's resolution.

Reading the reviews on Amazon, drying out seems to be a recurring problem. I'd try water since it's not useable as is.

I looked at all the reviews at the Walgreen's site. At the top it said that the product was no longer available. That makes me wonder. A lot of the reviews made the same claim as you. It became wrinkled or hard. Became uncomfortable to sleep on and useless. Even with continuous use. :angel:

What is it used for PF?

Sorry KL...went to work:LOL:

As Andy said, I use it under the bottom sheet to help with heat exchange, I also found my small ones for sitting on and they are bad, too!

I did soak it for three hours in lukewarm water. Then wrapped it in a plastic bag for 24, about time to go check it and see if It's okay. If not...I will get the AC put in the window before I thought I would.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with it PF. It sounds like something I'd really like to have. I've had the dreaded night sweats since I was in my 40's. You'd think I'd get a break by now!! :furious::furious:

Sorry to hear you're having problems with it PF. It sounds like something I'd really like to have. I've had the dreaded night sweats since I was in my 40's. You'd think I'd get a break by now!! :furious::furious:

Kayelle, according to the Walgreen site, where they were mostly sold, the product is no longer available. :angel:

I've been hot for years, but now it's overkill. I don't think it's going to work with re-hydrating it. Arrgh!!!

PF, can you cut a tiny bit from the fabric and inject the mat with water from a hypodermic needle, then cover the injection hole with a water raft patch? It may take a bunch of shots, or maybe setting up an IV, but it might work.

I see Amazon still sells them.

PF, can you cut a tiny bit from the fabric and inject the mat with water from a hypodermic needle, then cover the injection hole with a water raft patch? It may take a bunch of shots, or maybe setting up an IV, but it might work.

I see Amazon still sells them.

Only if I go dumpster diving:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Hmm, I wonder how you know they were mostly sold at Walgreen's Addie.

The concept is fantastic and you'd think they could be perfected. Hot women unite!!:furious:

I bought mine at Walgreen's...

Good thing I got another air conditioner for the bedroom. I should be able to sleep comfortable this summer. Now if I could just convince Shrek that if he opens windows during the morning he can regulate the temperature in the apartment better.

PF, for what it's worth, I found what look to be higher quality gel pads judging only by the price. You may want to check them out. They also have an ingenious bed fan that is currently out of stock.
Hot women unite!

ChiliGel™ Cool Pillow Pad and/ or Cooling Body Pad, Maintenance Free

Thank you for posting that link. I was looking at the bed fan for my husband. Found what looks similar to the out of stock one on Amazon.Slightly more. But hey if his constant flopping like a hot fish in a frying pan all night keeping me awake I'm buying one. Before he flop's me right out of the bed.! :ROFLMAO:
I like the temp control dial on the Amazon one better. I need a nightlight.

Amazon.com - Bed Fan with Wireless Remote - Electric Household Tabletop Fans

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom