Forgot my Mac.Mail account password - need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Essiebunny

Senior Cook
Hi,
I know this has nothing to do with cooking and it will probably get deleted, but I am having a real problem with my Mac Mail account. I recently deleted my cookies and lost my password. I though that I knew what it was, but I didn't.

Does anyone know if it can be found? The reason I need it is I can't figure out how to email photos without my mac.mail.

Don't they have a "Forgot Password" (or something similar) link?

BTW, this is the Off Topic, Jokes, and Games forum--you can talk about anything, not just food here.

:)Barbara

Thanks Michael. I got it to work once, the second time the password was not recognized.

Did you get it to work? If not:

Depending on the site - User Names and/or passwords can be "case sensitive". For example of your user name is Bob and you type in bob - it might not be recognized. If your password was CORN and you type in corn ... again it doesn't match.

Here on DC - the user name is not case sensitive - but the password is.

:) I keep a index card with all my passwords because I always forget them. My McAffee has a password vault where you can store all your passwords that way you only need to remember one password to get into the vault.

I think I'd better keep a file, as well, instead of little pieces of paper all over my computer desk. It's time to get organized.
By the way, I just sent an email and it worked.
I do have another question for you Mac experts. I have ordered new virus software and I'm not sure if I have to remove the old one, before installing the new. It's Norton's anti-virus in both cases.

Thanks for all you help. I really appreciate it.

Why did you order anti-virus software for a Mac? There is no such thing as a Mac virus. Are you able to return the software? If so then I would highly recommend it. Not only that, but Norton is notorious for slowing systems down tremendously.

If you absolutely must have anti virus software on your computer (which really is basically useless) then there are free version that would be much better than Norton.

If you are sold on Norton then it should tell you as you are installing it if you need to remove the old version first.

As far as your passwords, there is a Mac only program which is amazing for passwords. It is called 1password and you can download it and try it for free to see if it will work for you. You will never again have to remember a PW.

GB,
I definitely will download the software you suggest, but I still can't get my Mac Mail working, consistently. Do you know if I can call Apple for tech. support?
I have changed my password, but still no luck. Nothing seems to be recognized any more.

GB - Not to be argumentative, but with the increasing popularity of Mac's the slime that write virus' are coming to a neighborhood near you. I did a bit of research lst night for another forum and they are out there. Mac O/S is not impervious to penetration, nothing is really. They used to be sucha a small segment of the market that the slime did not bother. Not so any more. They are growing in popularity, and thus come undeer fire.

GB - Not to be argumentative, but with the increasing popularity of Mac's the slime that write virus' are coming to a neighborhood near you. I did a bit of research lst night for another forum and they are out there. Mac O/S is not impervious to penetration, nothing is really. They used to be sucha a small segment of the market that the slime did not bother. Not so any more. They are growing in popularity, and thus come undeer fire.
You are absolutely right that they are not impervious and that their market share is growing, but to date there is not Mac viruses in the wild. There have been some that have been written as proof of concept, but again they are not in the wild. There has never been a Mac that has been infected by a virus that the user did not intentionally load. Yes it could happen, but so far it hasn't and there is no reason to think it is close to happening. There market share is growing, but it is no where near where it needs to be to be worthwhile for virus writers to waste their time.

Also, do not forget that until a virus is out there then the virus software is useless. They need to know of the virus first in order to protect against it and since none yet exist the virus software really can't do anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom