Free Beer and more company perks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
A nice paycheck, a boss who respects you...those things are fine, but how about some free stuff. Can your company match these?
By David Jacobson, MONEY Magazine contributing writer
April 12, 2006: 8:27 AM EDT

NEW YORK (MONEY Magazine) - Some companies reward their employees with generous vacation time; others keep workers happy with above-average 401(k) matches.

But how about:

Free beer
Employees at New Belgium Brewing in Fort Collins, Colo. receive a case of beer a week, which the company does not recommend they drink while riding the bike (like the one on the label of NBB's Fat Tire Amber Ale) that they get after a year on the job. After five years, they go to Belgium to sample the brews that inspired the company's creation.

Free adventure
Brogan & Partners, a Michigan marketer, takes its 60 employees on annual mystery junkets - no one's told the destination (they've hit Amsterdam, Iceland and the Caribbean). At UCG, a Rockville, Md. business publisher, the 1,000 workers (and significant others) are sent on a surprise, all-expenses-paid long weekend every five years.

Pet insurance
Denver-based Chipotle Mexican Grill chips in a maximum of $30 a month toward veterinary insurance for pet-owning employees.

Free fish -- and weight-loss help too
The Sheboygan, Wis. campus of insurance company Acuity features a stocked pond, and the 850 employees can keep their catch. For those who eat too much fish, the company pays for Weight Watchers. Employees put down $100. If they make their weight goal, they get the money back. If not, Acuity matches the money and gives it to charity.

Concierge services
At four hospitals in the OhioHealth network, concierges handle every conceivable personal chore for all 15,200 employees, from doctors to housekeeping staff. Bonded concierges on retainer from third-party provider 2 Places At 1 Time will buy a nurse's list of groceries, then take them to her house and put them away. Or go to homes to let repair people in or dogs out. One concierge even stood on line and scored fifth-row seats to a Kenny Chesney concert.

Wow, I need to go work for one of those companies! I work for a small law firm and all we get are free sodas and snack, but that's better than what most people get. I've heard of many law firms who have a cart of beer go around the office when the staff has to work late. I've also heard of firms taking trips to places such as Mexico and ski resorts. Must be nice........

Back when my company was still pretty small we had a free breakfast bar. It had cereal, bagles, muffins, juice, milk, scones and lots of things like that. There was also a wide selection of soups, oatmeals and snacks, plus a whole bunch of different types of candy. As the company started to grow much larger they had to stop that program. It was great while it lasted though.

One of the perks I like that my h's company gives him: free gasoline, no limit. All the mgrs receive it, however, if you are caught filling up a tank other than your own, you're fired.

we get catered food a lot, three meals a day, but only during sports coverage of football on the weekends and college basketball, or special events like elections or news emergencies.
the idea is that they don't want anyone to leave their "post" to go get food on their meal breaks.
now that the ncaa basketball tourney is over, we are headed into what's known as the dry season. no free food or snacks anywhere, unless there's an incredible event somewhere that lasts for a few days. the news dept. isn't as generous as sports tho.

the best jobs in my company, if you like perks, are the guys that travel covering news and sports. they get to keep the frequent flier miles; stay in top notch hotels; get paid 16 hour days for set up and break down but only work 4 or 5 hours total; and get $55 a day for food, even though there's catering during the events.
you have to kill someone to get into that group.

I get free movies for myself and up to 3 people a day. I still have to pay for concessions, though, which I do, since that's basically investing back into my own company.

I heard of a guy who is the number one timeshare owner in RCI. He has 1.7 million credits a year. He gives his employees a free week at a timeshare (4000 locations around the world) every year. That's a pretty good deal. RCI properties tend to be really nice.

Bucky my company is similar to yours in that respect. When we hit our busy times they bring in catered meals so people don't leave their desks. Every once in a while there is beer and wine as well.

I travelled once for this company. They sent me with one other guy to Chicago. We were picked up at our homes in a limo and dropped off the same way. We got $40 a meal. We found that hard to believe so we called the finance woman to double check. She said yes it really is $40 a meal, but no one is going to check receipts so have a good time. We had a very memorable meal at Lawrys that night :)

Oh I almost forgot my favorite perk yet. I was able to take an all expenses paid trip to our CEO's House in the Dominican Republic. That was more than I ever could have hoped for!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom