"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Free trees and plants

I heard about this website on a radio show that I listen to on the weekends (komando.com)

Anyway, they obtain free trees and perennials from nurseries that cannot sell them, so rather than letting them be destroyed, this company gets them for free and puts disabled workers to work packaging and shipping. All you pay for is the shipping and handling....the trees and plants are free. They only ship to you when it is the right time to plant for your USDA hardiness zone. So if anyone wants to plant this year, check this site out.

http://www.freetreesandplants.com/

The site is a bit slow to load, probably because it's free stuff, so be patient, or check back again another time.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
Master Chef

Thank you amber!! This is truely a wonderful thing to see. I always hated the idea that the plants died out and they were thrown away. And to give disabled people the chance when, noone else will, I would love to spend $100's here if I could!! DH will love to see this. He has the green thumb around here. I can kill an ivy!!LOL

Old 04-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
Thank you amber!! This is truely a wonderful thing to see. I always hated the idea that the plants died out and they were thrown away. And to give disabled people the chance when, noone else will, I would love to spend $100's here if I could!! DH will love to see this. He has the green thumb around here. I can kill an ivy!!LOL
I am so glad you like this site. The thing is you dont have to spend anything for the plants at all, you only have to pay to have them shipped and handled, which is great. I too have the green thumb in this house