**** Freezes Over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
American football, cara. The Redskins (Washington, DC team ) almost always lose to the Cowboys (Dallas, TX team), so last night's game was, to put it mildly, an upset.

Upset???? Man, it was an all out @ss whoopin!!!:sick: :LOL:

DampCharcoal said:
And a congrats to the Bengals for taking the AFC North! 'Bout friggin time!

Oh come on, the only had to beat the LIONS to clinch it!
That's hardly fair to the rest of the league! :ROFLMAO:

John

ronjohn55 said:
Funny thing is, if you go back and look, about this time last year, BT was a JETS fan. How's that working for you this year? :ROFLMAO:

John

lol, hey, the best part about the ny market is we have teams in both conferences to root for in most sports, since they rarely play each other. they don't call me a homer for nothing (jumping on the winner's bandwagon)

hockey is a different story, tho.

and the jets royally suck this year; worse than detroit. thank god for tiki.

for future reference ronjohn, if i had to choose, like in the 2000 baseball subway series between the mets and yanks, i would root for:
baseball: the jankees, because of their greatness, and the stadium is closer to my home.
football: the giants, but the jets are a close second in my heart from my uncles taking me to games in shea stadium when i was a boy, since they were from brooklyn and queens.
basketball: the nets. i never really liked the knicks, but then again i'm not a big basketball fan.
hockey: i am a devils worshipper, hands down, but i grew up as an islander fan before the devils were in jersey, so they'd be a distant second . i hope all ranger fans get coal in their stockings this christmas.
soccer: glasgow celtic (go bhuoys!), then man.u. (they are affiliated with the jankees).

Last edited:
Barbara L said:
I don't know a thing about football and don't care for it...:) Barbara
ditto!

NASCAR: Love #12 and #48
Basketball: I guess Dallas Mavericks
Baseball: somethin Rangers
Football: Don't know don't care
Hockey: Don't know don't care
Soccer: Don't know don't care

Cameron

DampCharcoal said:
Hey, it's not the Bengals fault that the Lions suck!

Yeah, that would be Matt Millen's fault (He's the GM). Although they were pretty sucky before he got here, too, so maybe it's not all his fault...

BT - you really love the Simpsons episode where Bart and Lisa play hockey against each other, don't you?? (As Homer promises to reign love and affection down upon whomever wins and shun the loser).

John

AHHHH! Football talk! I better head over to the NASCAR forum!!

Cameron

ronjohn55 said:
Yeah, that would be Matt Millen's fault (He's the GM). Although they were pretty sucky before he got here, too, so maybe it's not all his fault...

BT - you really love the Simpsons episode where Bart and Lisa play hockey against each other, don't you?? (As Homer promises to reign love and affection down upon whomever wins and shun the loser).

John

lol, quote lisa, "hack the bone!! hack the bone!!!!!"

cartwheelmac said:
AHHHH! Football talk! I better head over to the NASCAR forum!!

Cameron

Cameron,

Your aversion to football isn't healthy, considering the state you live in. I know, I lived and worked down there for 3 years. The are high schools that have bigger stadiums than some of the colleges up here! :huh:

Talking about football that way is enough to get you deported from Texas! :ROFLMAO:

John

Well, It's kind of hard not to like NASCAR because we live closer to the Texas motor Speedway than the Cowboy's stadium. And, I have to root for Terry and Bobby Labonte, Because they are native Texans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom