Friday 13th - Discuss the bad luck you have had to day, in this thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont believe in Friday 13th bad luck and all that mallarkey. I have difficulty remembering what day it is anyway so means nowt to me :)

Its good to be me.;)
:LOL: I was just thinking that when I saw this thread. I've haven't felt very good off/on for about 2 wks. I have to check the date all the time.

Enjoy your new Webber, Steve. I'm going to go to Home Depot in the next day or two and get myself a new Webber as well.

No bad luck for me yesterday either, in spite of my little double trouble babies here. :LOL:

img_1160949_0_c78d4f7f44d28b73b0e8a5135521ccb0.jpg

:LOL: Thanks, Bolledeig. They were being all sweet and innocent waiting for their evening treat. :angel: :)

Thanks, Kylie. :) They are precious furbabies, that's for sure.

My other Weber grill has seen better days and I need one a little bigger. Family is growing. ;)

You and Steve will be able to swap recipes now ;)

Do you have your Weber out on your patio Cheryl?

Oh, gorgeous black kitties!!!

There was a little one at Petsmart today, tiny black, just screaming his head off. Wish I could have brought him home, but I gave him some cuddles, Shrek had his sister, an orange tabby. So cute! I have had to promise only two cats at a time.

Sort of, Kylie - the grill is just a little ways away from the patio, off of where the roof ends, in case there are any flare-ups. ;)

Thank you, Fiona. :) I can only handle two kitties at a time, too. They are getting on up there, they are 10 and 11, not related. Both are rescue kitties. :wub:

Do you guys have any trouble with your kitties scratching the lounge or damaging the inside of the house in anyway?

We have always wanted a kitten but have been worried that it would scratch the carpet up or our new leather lounge
skep.gif

we have had many cats over the years, and not one has ever damaged any furniture by clawing it.

we've always made sure to have one or two large sisal scratching posts available on each floor of our house, but the secret was dw's excellent feline behaviour training.

any time she saw one of our cats go near a piece of furniture about to claw it, she would come running and screeching at the top of her lungs for them to stop. often, it was loud and piercing enough to be heard in 3 states. she then showed them what to do by scratching on the sisal posts instead of any furniture.

after that, no cat, nor human, nor any creature living or dead would ever risk having to hear that sound again, so our furniture has always been safe.

not so much my ear drums, though. :)

Last edited:
Tom, that had me in fits of laughter :LOL:

I had to read it out to Steve too, as it was too funny to keep to myself :ROFLMAO:

It sure does sound like the screeching did the trick ;)

we have had many cats over the years, and not one has ever damaged any furniture by clawing it.

we've always made sure to have one or two large sisal scratching posts available on each floor of our house, but the secret was dw's excellent feline behaviour training.

any time she saw one of our cats go near a piece of furniture about to claw it, she would come running and screeching at the top of her lungs for them to stop. often, it was loud and piercing enough to be heard in 3 states. she then showed them what to do by scratching on the sisal posts instead of any furniture.

after that, no cat, nor human, nor any creature living or dead would ever risk having to hear that sound again, so our furniture has always been safe.

not so much my ear drums, though. :)
I'll have to remember that method when I get another cat.

My furniture looks like sh** because of cats. I have been told that they don't scratch velvet. It doesn't feel nice under their claws and I can imagine that. I am part cat and I can just imagine how wonderful it would feel to sink claws into leather...

I'll have to remember that method when I get another cat.

My furniture looks like sh** because of cats. I have been told that they don't scratch velvet. It doesn't feel nice under their claws and I can imagine that. I am part cat and I can just imagine how wonderful it would feel to sink claws into leather...

They don't claw the microsuede...unfortunately they love my couch, but they ignore Shrek's chair that is microsuede.

Back
Top Bottom