Fright Of My Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crewsk, i know you just got them for christmas, but stop wearing those ruby slippers to work, ok?

j/k, glad you're ok.

Thanks y'all!! It finally really hit me last night at 10:00 as Savannah was cuddled up with me on the couch & we watched the news, I was finally able to cry. I was still in shock up until that point. There were no warnings out at all, it appered in about 30 seconds.

PA, that is where TC & Savannah go to school.

Bucky, I wanted a pair of ruby slippers growing up but my mom would never buy me a pair. Now I know why!:LOL:

So glad you and the kids were safe Crewsk...........how terrifying that must of been. When I was a baby I guess one went right by our house.....it only caused minor damage but tore the porch off the neighbors. Then when I was in my early 20's it hit my hometown again but caused extensive damage......luckily no one was killed by it.

I still think with this global warming the weather is going to be changing in all areas. I think we're going to be seeing more and more tornadoes, hurricanes, etc.....

I remember when I was a senior in high school 84' one of my teachers told me that eventually we'd have weather like Florida.

I live in IN and we're averaging in the 50's.......we've only had a couple of extremely cold days.

Sizz, this time of year were normally in the 30's but we have had days where it's anywhere from the 50's up to the 70's. Right now it's 51 & supposed to get up to 67. It's sunny & beautiful outside right now. I don't think I could handle it if it were still raining.

When I lived in Illinois, one Saturday I noticed the children and a couple of adults in the street looking up at something. I went outside and there were three tornadoes forming together at a distance. the colors in the sky were eerie. As soon as they formed, they died down. After the fact, I realized how stupid we were not to take cover!

JGDean said:
When I lived in Illinois, one Saturday I noticed the children and a couple of adults in the street looking up at something. I went outside and there were three tornadoes forming together at a distance. the colors in the sky were eerie. As soon as they formed, they died down. After the fact, I realized how stupid we were not to take cover!

I know what you mean. We live in one of the tornado alleys of the U.S. Just before one hits, the air around turns an indescribable eerie color and things get creepy quiet. Lull before the storm quiet. Buck had never experienced this until we moved here 12 years ago. He used to hear me describe it and totally understood when he saw it for himself.

Glad to hear that your ok along with the students and faculty. Wow, that has to be really scary!!! I'm kinda silly when it comes to tornados, I am usually the fool outside trying to see it!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

I didn't see it corazon. I was in a hallway of the school when it hit. All I saw before we were told to bring the kids into the hall was that it was raining really hard & the sky was just dark, like a normal rainy dreary day. We didn't even hear it, everything was deathly quiet.

Sattie, if I were at home, I would have been outside trying to see it too. I'm fascinated by tornadoes, so much so, that when I was growing up, I wanted to become a storm chaser. The only problem with that is that I'm terrified of thunderstorms.

Savannah (my daughter) is scared that another one will come & we'll get caught in it. We had to reassure her last night that the weather was back to normal & that we had the weather alert radio on so if anything happened, we'd know about it & be able to get someplace safe.

Crewsk! I saw all the warnings on the news here - they were for counties all around us and I finally realized our county was not part of it. I'm so glad you and everyone else are OK. Life is fragile and not everything that happens is our choice or in our control - that hits hard when things settle down. I'm glad you got to release those fears with your daughter close by. The gentleman who got people out of their cars has quite a head on his shoulders - those around him were blessed to have him close to them! Hugs to you and yours crewsk!

I'm glad that you were all safe!! Thank goodness you hadn't let out yet, can you imagine what could have happened?

Thanks elf & TG!

TG, it still amazes me how close we came to actually having children out there. I'm also thankful that I was subbing Friday, if not I would have been in the stadium parking lot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom