From Darkroom To Kitchen: A Time Capsule Of Recipes From Midcentury Photographers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Fun reading:

In 1977, Deborah Barsel, a bored assistant registrar at the*George Eastman Museum*in Rochester, N.Y., decided to try a fun side project. She would create a cookbook made up of recipes and images from famous photographers of the day. She sent letters to various artists and put an ad in the museum's magazine asking for submissions. In return, she received 120 photos, recipes and even a postcard from urban photographer John Gossage saying simply: "I eat out."

Then, like the projects of so many who leave their jobs for graduate school, the submissions were filed in a box titled "Photographer's Cookbook" and stored away for 35 years. The museum's current curator Lisa Hostetler found the box and brought it to print.
From Darkroom To Kitchen: A Time Capsule Of Recipes From Midcentury Photographers : The Salt : NPR

Thank you GG - Enjoyed that- poetic licenses abound!

did you read some of the comments below? I'm constantly surprised at some of the moronic conclusions people come to and they POST them for all the world to see!

Thank you GG - Enjoyed that- poetic licenses abound!

did you read some of the comments below? I'm constantly surprised at some of the moronic conclusions people come to and they POST them for all the world to see!

Ha, no, I didn't read the comments. People get so carried away sometimes lol

Back
Top Bottom