Frustrating Day :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Only the first part of the day was frustrating, but since it was SO frustrating, it kind of tainted the whole day!

As many of you know, James had come home from school yesterday afternoon instead of tomorrow, so that he could go to the doctor's with me today, to get my biopsy results. We were running a little late, but we got to the doctor's (30 miles away) just in time for my appointment. We walked up to the receptionist's window and I told her my name. That is when it all became frustrating.

The doctor had gone home sick (fever and achy), and the receptionist couldn't tell us anything. I know the doctor couldn't help getting sick, but don't you think the receptionist could have at least called me to let me know? Especially when we don't even live in the area? SO frustrating. I hope the doctor feels better tomorrow because James has not been sleeping well, and I'll admit I have had a few sleepless nights myself, and we would like to know! The receptionist said she will call in the morning to let me know if he is there or not.

:glare:Barbara

I'm praying you can see him tomorrow, Barbara, and for a very peaceful sleep for both of you. Love you both.

I think when doctor's do this without letting us know we should charge them the exact same rate that they charge us for the appointment plus travel expenses. The office should have called.

I'm so sorry Barbara! I know how hard it is to wait and then be turned back while waiting for results. Hopefully you will get them tomorrow, I'm praying for a good night's sleep for you and James and good results in the morning. Sleep well, Sweetie!

I'm so sorry Barbara! I know how hard it is to wait and then be turned back while waiting for results. Hopefully you will get them tomorrow, I'm praying for a good night's sleep for you and James and good results in the morning. Sleep well, Sweetie!
Thank you! James wanted to watch a movie, so we are up pretty late. I hope they don't call too early! She said she would call either way. We don't have long distance right now and can't call them. I do get irritated at things, but seriously I just look at things that don't go as planned as part of life's adventure. You don't have to like it all, but what good is fussing about it going to do? :LOL:

:)Barbara

I think when doctor's do this without letting us know we should charge them the exact same rate that they charge us for the appointment plus travel expenses. The office should have called.

i so agree with you. my time is just is just as valuable as doctor's. my dad did this a few times and got notice dr. not in.

I feel your frustration, especially at such an important time in your life. I've heard of doctors charging patients who don't show up for their appointments, but how about sending a bill for YOUR lost time, gas, etc when the doc doesn't show or keeps you waiting (I've had this happen for hours)? You know they wouldn't pay it, but maybe someone would get a wake-up call.

The crazy thing is, if he had been there that day, I don't think I would have thought to ask him about my eye (it was worse Friday), so it all worked out for the best. I wasn't charged for the appointment (since the surgery is necessary, Best Chance or Medicaid or someone will pay it). So even though that day was frustrating, in the long-run, it all worked out perfectly. :cool:

Thank you! James wanted to watch a movie, so we are up pretty late. I hope they don't call too early! She said she would call either way. We don't have long distance right now and can't call them. I do get irritated at things, but seriously I just look at things that don't go as planned as part of life's adventure. You don't have to like it all, but what good is fussing about it going to do? :LOL:

(((hugs))) I hope it all goes well.

Have you got a laptop with built in microphone and speakers? If you have a Gmail account, use it to call for free. If not, get a gmail account. I use it to call my sister. Once in a while the sound breaks up, but most calls are clear.

(((hugs))) I hope it all goes well.

Have you got a laptop with built in microphone and speakers? If you have a Gmail account, use it to call for free. If not, get a gmail account. I use it to call my sister. Once in a while the sound breaks up, but most calls are clear.
Thanks! My laptop died a couple months ago, but that is good to know.

People who are not respectful of my time yield one of my biggest pet peeves. A call was clearly in order. Get some rest and enjoy James' during his extra day with you. I hope tomorrow is better.

Barbara, I know just how you and James feel. When they found the tumor on my kidey Cade was just 3 months old and I had to wait a month to get the answer. Just a fattytumor don't worry. Angry you bet and I let them know it. i also got the dont worry you will die long before you kidneys give out and Bingo 3 months later I woke up to dialysis a whole week I still cant remember. So hang in there sweetie. You will make it.
cj

Back
Top Bottom