Full Moon EEK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
middie said:
please enjoy your Thanksgiving
Alix and Ken. But don't be surprised if you find me
knocking on your door begging for some stuffing !

How 'bout some Spam and Cheez Whiz instead?:)

From where I'm sitting, the full moon is over three days away....and the lively posts have been going on for a couple of weeks......we seem to be giving a wide berth to the full moon effect here...

bethzaring said:
From where I'm sitting, the full moon is over three days away....and the lively posts have been going on for a couple of weeks......we seem to be giving a wide berth to the full moon effect here...

Which is why I am begging for no controversy while there IS a full moon bethzaring. If we're all so cranky before it starts, heaven help us when it hits!:LOL:

Alix has ordered fun and games,
okay,come on over and help me with the rug rats:ohmy: Have you ever sat down and let a two year old comb your hair? Just watch what they try to wet it with:LOL: How do you refuse and not gag, that offered bite of PB&J after a little one like Carson dips it in milk and say's here Ma:angel: Can you resist those chubby little arms that wrap around your neck and a face wet with tears after being scolded for dumping 5 lbs of flour all over the pantry floor?:wacko: It's easy to let irritation get to us after a long hard day, and easy to snipe at others, and easy to be ornery,full moon or no full moon..Spend a few hours with 3 or 4 small kids you love and all the petty snarkey little things go right out the window..A child,it's sweetness, it's love, make everything alright and good.
Alix, Ken and family,and all our Canadian friends and neighbors,
Happy Thanksgiving..
kadesma and,the crew:)

Alix said:
... I am begging for no controversy ...
Sigh. Am I the :ermm:only:unsure: person who thinks that a little bit of lively controversy is a good thing in one's day?:boxing:

Instructions to have fun! and be pleasant! bring out the cur in me .:devilish:

Signed,
That Compulsively-Honest Sort-of-Foreign Girl
:blush:

Attachments

• wine_rack.jpg
    wine_rack.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 201
Alix...........hold on to your hat...........Tonight's full Moon will be almost 12 percent bigger than some of the full Moons this year, according to NASA, setting up a fine viewing opportunity when it rises in the evening.

wasabi said:
Alix...........hold on to your hat...........Tonight's full Moon will be almost 12 percent bigger than some of the full Moons this year, according to NASA, setting up a fine viewing opportunity when it rises in the evening.

You're right, wasabi. When the moon is this large during this season it is called the "harvest" moon. It is called that because of the the long-standing practice of farmers using the extra-large moon to light the night brighter and longer to allow them to work late into the evening harvesting their fall crops.

Just a little of the trivia that's cluttering up my heat.:)

I got out Hubbys telescope, gazed thru it diligently, at the moon. And couldn't see one person I knew. I thought Neil Armstrong had a holiday home up there.

Back
Top Bottom