"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
Everymom

Full Moon EEK!

OK, I have just perused my poll on Full Moon affecting behaviour and it seems we overwhelmingly believe that it does have some affect on our behaviour. There is a full moon this weekend.

In that vein, I am here to plead with you all. Please please PLEASE think long and hard before you post! I don't know whether it is the weather, or the moon or what but it seems we have all been a bit cranky around here lately. (Myself included!)

Lets avoid threads on say..."Spam, Love it or Hate it" or maybe something about "Politicians of the 20th century, who do you think was overrated" or "Cheez Whiz, yummy or gummy?" and please I beg of you, no threads about any Food TV personality, or restaurants we love/hate.

I think we need to make an informal pact to only post G rated humour this weekend. Who's with me??? Come on people, we need some love and happiness around here! Its (Canadian) Thanksgiving this weekend and frankly, I want to laugh and party. Join in everyone!

Old 10-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
Chief Eating Officer

Count me in Alix

Old 10-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
Everymom

WOOHOO!! Thats two of us! Who else? And for that matter, all you DCers south of the border, take this opportunity to practice for YOUR thanksgiving. Turkey is good anytime. We can all groan together on Sunday night.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix

Lets avoid threads on say..."Spam, Love it or Hate it" or maybe something about "Politicians of the 20th century, who do you think was overrated" or "Cheez Whiz, yummy or gummy?" and please I beg of you, no threads about any Food TV personality, or restaurants we love/hate.
Geez, what a kill joy. I'm going to go spread some Cheez Whiz on my Spam sculpture of George Bush while I watch Emeril and think about going to that lousy chain restaurant down the street.

Alix! Put down that frying pan! Ow!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:01 PM   #5
Everymom

Dang it Ken! Just for that no turkey for you! Seriously my love, I'd karma you for that very funny post but sadly, I'm laughing too hard.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I'm in!

That could also explain why my cats & dog are being really bad this week. It's like they've been taken over by evil creatures that jump up on the kitchen table & break glass bowls at 2 in the morning!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #7
Everymom

YAY! Crewsk, I know what you mean about the pets. My cat just freaked out and wrestled herself into a mat and then freaked out some more because the mat was too tight. I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't get her out. Silly thing.

OK, who else is up for fun and games this weekend?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
OK, I have just perused my poll on Full Moon affecting behaviour...
Come on people, we need some love and happiness around here! Its (Canadian) Thanksgiving this weekend and frankly, I want to laugh and party. Join in everyone!
And here I was just thinking I needed to post MORE stuff this weekend!!

By the way, it should have been "It's (Canadian) Thanksgiving", not "Its"

Running away and hiding now!
John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #9
Executive Chef

How's this for starters?

1) Ziplock Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, yet you can see right through them.

2) Copiers are Female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can wreak havoc if the wrong buttons
are pushed.

3) A Tyre is Male, because it goes bald and it's often over-inflated.

4) A Hot Air Balloon is Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under it, and of course, there's the hot air part.

5) Sponges are Female, because they're soft, squeezable and retain water.

6) A Web Page is Female, because it's always getting hit on.

7) A Railway is Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.

8) An Hourglass is Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the bottom.

9) A Hammer is Male, because it hasn't changed much over the last 5,000 years, but it's handy to have around.

10) A Remote Control is Female. Ha! You thought it'd be male , didn't you? But consider this - it gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know the right buttons to push, he keeps trying!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Alix, that's not all they've done! Hubby had thrown away some leftover pizza last night & I discovered, as I was walking downstairs this morning, they had turned over the trash can & drug pizza all over the house. I was not a happy person especially since I hadn't even had my first cup of coffee yet.

So, anyone up for taking on a kindergarten class for me Friday? I'm subbing & beginning to wonder if I need to wear full body armor or something.