Full Moon EEK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, I have just perused my poll on Full Moon affecting behaviour and it seems we overwhelmingly believe that it does have some affect on our behaviour.:wacko: There is a full moon this weekend.

In that vein, I am here to plead with you all. Please please PLEASE think long and hard before you post! I don't know whether it is the weather, or the moon or what but it seems we have all been a bit cranky around here lately. :huh: (Myself included!)

Lets avoid threads on say..."Spam, Love it or Hate it" or maybe something about "Politicians of the 20th century, who do you think was overrated" or "Cheez Whiz, yummy or gummy?" and please I beg of you, no threads about any Food TV personality, or restaurants we love/hate. :LOL:

I think we need to make an informal pact to only post G rated humour this weekend. Who's with me??? Come on people, we need some love and happiness around here! Its (Canadian) Thanksgiving this weekend and frankly, I want to laugh and party. Join in everyone!

Last edited:
WOOHOO!! Thats two of us! Who else? And for that matter, all you DCers south of the border, take this opportunity to practice for YOUR thanksgiving. Turkey is good anytime. We can all groan together on Sunday night.

Alix said:
Lets avoid threads on say..."Spam, Love it or Hate it" or maybe something about "Politicians of the 20th century, who do you think was overrated" or "Cheez Whiz, yummy or gummy?" and please I beg of you, no threads about any Food TV personality, or restaurants we love/hate. :LOL:

Geez, what a kill joy. I'm going to go spread some Cheez Whiz on my Spam sculpture of George Bush while I watch Emeril and think about going to that lousy chain restaurant down the street.:-p

Alix! Put down that frying pan! Ow!

Dang it Ken! Just for that no turkey for you! :LOL: Seriously my love, I'd karma you for that very funny post but sadly, I'm laughing too hard.

I'm in!
1.gif

That could also explain why my cats & dog are being really bad this week. It's like they've been taken over by evil creatures that jump up on the kitchen table & break glass bowls at 2 in the morning!

YAY! Crewsk, I know what you mean about the pets. My cat just freaked out and wrestled herself into a mat and then freaked out some more because the mat was too tight. I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't get her out. Silly thing.

OK, who else is up for fun and games this weekend?

Alix said:
OK, I have just perused my poll on Full Moon affecting behaviour...
Come on people, we need some love and happiness around here! Its (Canadian) Thanksgiving this weekend and frankly, I want to laugh and party. Join in everyone!

And here I was just thinking I needed to post MORE stuff this weekend!! :ROFLMAO:

By the way, it should have been "It's (Canadian) Thanksgiving", not "Its" :-p

Running away and hiding now!
John

How's this for starters?

1) Ziplock Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, yet you can see right through them.

2) Copiers are Female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can wreak havoc if the wrong buttons
are pushed.

3) A Tyre is Male, because it goes bald and it's often over-inflated.

4) A Hot Air Balloon is Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under it, and of course, there's the hot air part.

5) Sponges are Female, because they're soft, squeezable and retain water.

6) A Web Page is Female, because it's always getting hit on.

7) A Railway is Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.

8) An Hourglass is Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the bottom.

9) A Hammer is Male, because it hasn't changed much over the last 5,000 years, but it's handy to have around.

10) A Remote Control is Female. Ha! You thought it'd be male , didn't you? But consider this - it gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know the right buttons to push, he keeps trying! :LOL:

Alix, that's not all they've done! Hubby had thrown away some leftover pizza last night & I discovered, as I was walking downstairs this morning, they had turned over the trash can & drug pizza all over the house. I was not a happy person especially since I hadn't even had my first cup of coffee yet.:mad:

So, anyone up for taking on a kindergarten class for me Friday? I'm subbing & beginning to wonder if I need to wear full body armor or something.:ermm:

Maybe it's time for a new poll?

Chances Alix regrets starting this thread? :ROFLMAO:
a) No Way
b) Slightly
c) Fer Sure!
d) Alix? She won't be back until after the full moon now that she's poked the hornets nest! :-p

John

D!!!! You nailed that one ronjohn! LOL, between you and Ken you're going to suck all the karma this weekend! (And boy are you one tough editor! Want a Helper position?:ROFLMAO: )

Thanks Alix for letting me know that there is a full moon this weekend.

Good things always happen to me - I rent my extra parking space out to a young couple and they paid me for 3 months in advance because they were going to Europe and also traveling throughout the US. They were not sure when they would be back.

I am always paid on the first or second of the month.

crewsk said:
I'm in!
1.gif

That could also explain why my cats & dog are being really bad this week. It's like they've been taken over by evil creatures that jump up on the kitchen table & break glass bowls at 2 in the morning!

Maybe it's not the cats and dog....
ghost2.gif

A full moon also affects my behavior and usually I am in a good mood.

Jolie is just Jolie and it doesn't affect her one way or the other.

I just wanted to add these additional things to my reply.

Dont worry Alix, I'll keep everyone in line. All the naughty people to the front of the line, nice people to the back of the line :w00t2: Just kidding, I'll behave.:)

naughty people, come away with me to another thread....................

just kidding,Alix. Maybe the onset of this full moon explains why everyone in the office was so cranky today.

Including me.

Which is why I am drinking Dickel right now instead of a ladylike glass of merlot.

mudbug said:
Maybe the onset of this full moon explains why everyone in the office was so cranky today.
Or maybe it is that their coffee was secretly switched to Foldgers Crystals.

I'm always up for fun and games Alix !!
Cora thanks for the laugh. I especially enjoyed
the sponge one lol. It's so true.
And I'm going to say this ealy before I forget...
please please please enjoy your Thanksgiving
Alix and Ken. But don't be surprised if you find me
knocking on your door begging for some stuffing !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom