Full Moon Saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Tonight is one of the largest moons in the sky in many year.

Super Full Moon - NASA Science

So I decided to take the camera and see what I could capture.

Attachments

• moon_01.jpg
    moon_01.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 186
  • moon_02.jpg
    moon_02.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 169
  • moon_03.jpg
    moon_03.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 182
  • moon_04.jpg
    moon_04.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 162
I hope it's not over cast tonight, will have to make my way outside when the sun sets.

It was bigger at moonrise, but the trees blocked too much to really see, but it was BRIGHT.

I've never gotten a good pic of a huge moon...it's hard to take a picture of an optical illusion...the camera insists on reality.

You got some nice pictures there!

It was too overcast here to see it.

Years ago, in San Diego, my mom and I were walking home from the store. We looked up and saw the BIGGEST moon we had ever seen. It was dark orange. The only size comparison I can give (and this is NOT an exaggeration) is that it was like a baseball-sized moon was suddenly a basketball-sized moon. It was the most beautiful moon I have ever seen, and I have never seen one even remotely close since then.

Wow, just describing that brought back such feelings all of the sudden! It was a special once in a lifetime "Mama and me" moment.

Oh, it's dark out...I'm going to wander for a moment. If I get any good pictures I'll post them.

It is so overcast here in South Dakota we can't even see the moon or any stars tonight. Our daughter(12) is very dissapointed. Thanks for the great pictures.

I let the dog out a few minutes ago, and it was pretty. Just caught it, I think, because storm clouds are supposed to be coming in soon; right now it was just whisps of clouds, and very nice.

I wish I had known earlier. I looked out the back window and there it was. I couldn't tell any difference in size, but it sure was bright.

I didn't get to see it either, but our morning paper had some great shots...from London! That's the only way they could get pictures in before the print deadline.

But it looked incredible.

I missed it too.

Because the full moon was the day before the vernal equinox, Easter won't be until the 24th of April. If it had come the day after the equinox, Easter would have been next Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom