Funny strawberry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
I thought it funny to have a boot shaped strawberry while living in a country shaped like a boot! Even nature understands the importance of footwear ;) Puerile I know, but funny...

Attachments

• shoeberry.jpg
    shoeberry.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 194
Lulu I loved the picture of the funny strawberry and wish I could grow some vegetables etc but I live in a condo and I don't have a backyard.

Mutant tomato

It's an heirloom Brandywine, that I grew from seed. I had a few other mutants on my 6 plants, but most were normal.

Lee

Wow, hilarious tomato! So funny! Did it taste great?

We don't have a garden either, we have 8 strawberry plants and six tomatos, various hebs and salads in window boxes. We also have some geraniums (pelergoniums) and sweet peas in containers for flowers. Sweet peas demand LOTS of feeding when in containers, but they are such great flowers who can begrudge them? At the very least I try and keep herbs going. I am not so great with traditional house plants but I love gardening and think the plants add some health and freshness to apartment living. Its great to grow something you can eat too. In the worst conditions for light and space a small strawberry pot is a good apartment container for herbs.

Yes, lulu, the tomato was fabulous!

I have never grown sweet peas. How long do the blooms last?

Lee

QSis said:
Yes, lulu, the tomato was fabulous!

I have never grown sweet peas. How long do the blooms last?

Lee

Well, the whole summer, the more you pick the more you get, so think daily fresh flowers, and when the house is full you give hem to co workers, neighbours etc. Lots of farmers in UK sell them at the gate too. The fragrance is unbelievable, they really are hand in hand with old fashioned roses for the stars of an English flower garden in my opinion....but then I love anything from a cottage garden, especially the annuals so I'm biased. Incidently, despite thier blowsy appearance I have noticed a lot of men love sweet peas too.

I love the pics. I'll have to check for novel shapes when I'm picking my veggies this year. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom