Funny taste of food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Yesterday I was eating a piece of bread and chestnut paste and could not finish it....it tasted soapy, as did the milk I was having with it. I just tried a bit of a bought asparagus sauce (unusual for me but DH is a way and I thought convenience food might be a good option for me today and tomorrow) anyway, that taste kind of soapy/meatlic to me. Is strange taste a health concern, a symptom of anything? :ermm:

I just tried a cookie and that tasted ok....but my mouth is still a bit soapy tasteing from before...

Um, I doubt it, but I suppose so...everything was clean, dry and in the cupboard though...

I've had that years ago the (Metallic taste) think it was either from by stomach or teeth- not sure. But, it just went away on its on. Sorry not much help.

If I'm getting sick (and my nose is starting to get plugged up, even though I might not consciously notice it) my sense of smell does strange things, and that does strange things to my sense of taste. One day I thought to myself, "This is strange... everything tastes like bananas..." A couple of days later, I was carrying nose tissue everywhere.

OMG Snoop! Really? I think I remember my mother sayin that too, er, ok.
I have a specific "cold" smell/taste that I get a few days before a cold, this one is not that.

if you are taking a medication or an antibiotic it can really change the way you taste food.

A French research paper on taste and smell perception among pregnant women:

CAT.INIST.FR

If you have a look on the web, you'll find researchers who suggest the sense of taste alters to encourage healthy eating.

Mind you, this could of course be all rubbish and I could just be getting you all excited/worried over nothing!

Last edited:
BT, I am still in Italy! (I have left the date for departure open, in fact, just saying I am going home is making me feel better, so I am not going to commit to one country or another just for now;)) I use a lot of filthy language while driving around here, its de rigeur!, so perhaps you have hit the nail on the head....

Well, er excited/worried/shocked Snoop.....I'll check out the link....and my diary

Back
Top Bottom