Funny Thanksgiving stories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
Anyone have any laughs yesterday... or maybe not laughs but ..interesting stories?

Mine..

#1. Our turkey was supposed to come with all the extra parts...neck,liver heart and such. Only the neck was included. I boil all these things and use the meat in my gravy. (yep, I like the lumps). Any way I made a joke about just having to use packets of gravy and mom went on for 10 minutes how she could make the perfect gravy with out the yummy parts. On and on... "don't use a packet...it'll ruin it"..."you don't need it just use the turkey juices"...

I know how to make gravy. I'm pretty dang good at it. Gravy time comes along and she begs me..."let me do it"

I let her...

I leave the kitchen for five minutes I come back and what's she doing OPENING a package of dried turkey gravy mix to add to the gravy!!!
It was so salty we could hardly eat it.

#2 She's not really a good cook and as she's getting older her skills are going down hill quite quickly. Silly mistakes and very messy. While we were in Mexico she proudly explained that she never uses any spices when she cooks because her food tastes so good with out them. LOL...no flavor at all. So this morning we are all watching Paula Deen and Paula's making this semi -easy chocolate cake but one both Paul and I know mom could in no way bake... mom looks at the tv and says... " I could cook as well as her if somebody would lay all the ingredients out for me"... We both almost died trying not to laugh. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Legogirl saw her gramma's 2 turkeys in the oven.... came bolting out into the living room.....
GRAMMA KILLED THE CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!

lol Suzi, you have one special kid there. You should carry a video camera around with you.

Anyone have any laughs yesterday... or maybe not laughs but ..interesting stories?

Mine..

#1. Our turkey was supposed to come with all the extra parts...neck,liver heart and such. Only the neck was included. I boil all these things and use the meat in my gravy. (yep, I like the lumps). Any way I made a joke about just having to use packets of gravy and mom went on for 10 minutes how she could make the perfect gravy with out the yummy parts. On and on... "don't use a packet...it'll ruin it"..."you don't need it just use the turkey juices"...

I know how to make gravy. I'm pretty dang good at it. Gravy time comes along and she begs me..."let me do it"

I let her...

leave the kitchen for five minutes come and and what's she doing OPENING a package of dried turkey gravy mix to add to the gravy!!!
It was so salty we could hardly eat it.

#2 She's not really a good cook and as she's getting older her skills are going down hill quite quickly. Silly mistakes and very messy. While we were in Mexico she proudly explained that she never uses any spices when she cooks because her food tastes so good with out them. LOL...no flavor at all. So this morning we are all watching Paula Deen and Paula's making this semi -easy chocolate cake but one both Paul and I know mom could in no way bake... mom looks at the tv and says... " I could cook as well as her if somebody would lay all the ingredients out for me"... We both almost died trying not to laugh. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO: Great stories! What did you ay to your mom when you caught her using the packaged gravy??

Oh Dee, you would have been so proud of me... I turned around and walked out of the room and just pretended I never knew. I'm sure she's laughing to herself right now thinking she got away with the worlds greatest trick.

oh, how funny...............

just was sent this joke of a parrot who talked very abusively and with lots of swear words and the owner tried every which way to make the bird more socially acceptable.....nothing worked.....finally one day after being so frustrated by the outrageous language the owner shoved him in the freezer for 30 seconds to cool off......when he opened the freezer the parrot was most apologetic and swore it would never happen again and to please forgive all his past transgressions, etc., then as an afterthought he asked "What just did the turkey do after all?"

I don't know how funny it is...

Hosted the family thanksgiving this year (family referred to as the "Huns" from this point forward)

Got the last of them out the door friday evening. The "huns" decided to just stay at my house for the Nebraska game the day after Thanksgiving! After all they live almost 15 minutes away!! Probably just a coincidence they bugged out at the exact moment that all the liquor ran out. Oh I take that back-there is a bottle of Limoncello they couldn't find anything to mix with!

Still surveying the wreckage-a large portion of the yard is scorched from overfilling the turkey fryer (again). Garbage cans are full of beer bottles-going to need a dolly to get them to the curb! House reeks of stale cigars and tasteless off color jokes!

That clan of mine, they are an uncouth, barbaric, uncivilized bunch, no doubt about it. But they are my "Huns" and I love em'! I cant wait till Christmas!:LOL:

sounds liek a good time SK.

about your fryer issue. I saw Alton brown fill his pot with water to get the turkey displacement. he measured what was left. glad to hear nothing burnt down.

nothing really funny happened to me or the fam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom