Gadget on QVC or TV I couldn't resist buying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
One of many of mine. A George Foreman type grill where you placed your pork chop or steak into their special wax paper bag, inserted it into a toaster looking thing, pressed the button, and the heated grill sides would slowly close up upon the meat. It worked ok until you put in a slice of meat that had some bone above the meat part. The grill sides would close up, but stop at the bone. :LOL:

Last edited:
Good grief, Charlie Brown, where do I start? I don’t actually buy the stuff directly by “calling the number on the screen, within the next five minutes…” I wait until it shows up on the “as seen on tv” aisle in one or another of the grocery stores and drugstores.

That copper cookware. I didn’t buy a whole set; of course not! I got the fry pan, and subsequently the sandwich press. Than pan was a waste of money. It DOES stick and it DOES scratch, and far more easily than the commercial implies. Eggs make a mess of the pan unless you use some kind of fat. Metal utensils WILL scratch, and with not too much elbow grease! I kinda like the sandwich press. It’s limited to making sandwiches standard bread slice sized or smaller, but it’s easy to use, even on my electric burner, it’s not as much of a one trick pony as you might think, and it’s built fairly well.

The pan, and by inference all of the other cookware in the line, is not worth a copper penny, pun intended. All except the sandwich press. Suckaaaah!

All those "made for tv" items are generally junk.

The problem is, even the biggest skeptics like me can bite occasionally, although we're ashamed to admit it. I must say, that it's psychological genius the way they can suck you in even if you don't buy.
Case in point..watching a "My Pillow" hype when I couldn't sleep one night, I dialed the number. When it arrived I gave it a try for a few nights, and it's a piece of expensive junk !! By far, the worst pillow I've ever owned. It's now a floor pillow used by neighborhood dogs who sometimes do sleepovers here. They like it.

Last edited:
I got my son to pick up some plastic egg 'coddler' type things advertised for hard boiling eggs. There is a shop near them "As Seen On TV". They carry all the gadgets you see and usually at half the price.

Even at half price they were a waste of money! :LOL:

It's not, put it in the junk drawer, it's...toss it out. As I did with my motorized grill thingy invention. $39.

Last edited:
I don't usually buy things that are advertised on television but I have to say that the little table-top halogen oven I was tempted to buy from Ideal World has to be one of the most useful things in my kitchen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom