Game: What Was This Person Most Known For?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
attachment.php

She had a leg amputated, but carried on.
She looks like Marie Curie to me but I can't find any reference to your clue. Never the less I believe the resemblance is very strong.

100px-Marie_Curie_%28Nobel-Chem%29.png

Curie died of radiation poisoning caused by her pioneering research into radioactivity.

Last edited:
Check out actresses.
Could probably be googled now actress+leg+amputated but if I can guess one of the subjects of this "contest" I think it's only fair to not google unless you already recognize the subject. But of course I have no objection to others doing so.

Things are pretty slow here this evening in Lost Angeles. :)

She's a pretty woman and I'll guess she was popular in the 1900s-1930s era, from her clothing style and the ambiance of the photograph.

Last edited:
She played Hamlet. She was French, and the most popular actress of her time.

She fell off the stage, broke her leg, and it never healed right. It became gangrenous, and docs removed it.

Last edited:
She also wanted to have a tail transplanted onto her back. She felt that she would be able to express emotion better with a (big) cat's tail.

Sara Bernhardt?
She also wanted to have a tail transplanted onto her back. She felt that she would be able to express emotion better with a (big) cat's tail.
Wow, I would have never guessed that! What a strange desire she had. Perhaps a forerunner of all the people who are interested in implants and tattoes and studs and that kind of stuff. A tail!!!

Back
Top Bottom