Garbage disposer odors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
StirBlue said:
I am glad to know that I am not the only person who buys white vinegar by the gallon for multi purposes. It is a great window cleaner. I also use it to clean the shower doors. I add a cup to the washer when I wash towels. I put it in my rinse mop water when I am spring cleaning my floors. It is good for cleaning children's plastic toys.

What are your other particulars for using white vinegar RA?

(raw potato juice cuts grease.....when in a bind, I have used it to clean my stove.)
I also use it to run through my coffee pot to clean and de-stain pot. I even use it to rinse my horses and dogs after their bath to ease any itchies and to make sure all soap residue is off their hair.
It can even be used as a disinfectent for those areas where you don't want to use bleach or any other harsh chemical.

it`s probably oxidised Fats that are causing it, they`ll trap food particles and smell as they decay.
I`de boil water in my largest SS pot with a little caustic soda in there and pour that down it to fill it up with it switched on.
you`ll probably need to do this a couple of times, being carfull not get it in your eyes!
you don`t want a Strong soln of it, dillute and plenty HOT should be fine.

failing that, spray Oven cleaner down it and leave it a while, then do the hot water thing (plain water just Hot).

Back
Top Bottom