Garlic....yuk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny this topic was brought up, I was just thinkin' how lately I've been really turned off by garlic. Don't know why, I guess I OD'd on it somewhere down the line. It's really brought to my attention how much garlic we actually use everyday though. I even forwent planting garlic this winter in the garden and opted for more onions.

I grew up loving garlic, then didn't like it, now I am back to loving it as long as it is fresh chopped and minced by me. I think that plays a part in it, too much processed garlic or just plain too much garlic in everything and I think you OD and need to take a break from it for awhile.
I use that approach to most meals in my house, trying to 'theme' them from month to month or try new ones to keep any one meal from cropping up too much, LOL.

I have been on a scambled egg kick lately where I microplane 1 small cloved of garlic into 2 eggs with a pinch of salt and fresh black pepper, I then scamble this mixture for a wonderful hearty scrambled eggs. YUMMY!

I put dill on mine with the salt and pepper, the garlic is too much for me on eggs. Then again eggs can be too much for me most of the time, LOL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom