Gasoline Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is $3.42 here, but it still scares me to buy fuel...........I can remember 19 cents a gallon of gas during gas wars that never happen since the early 70's

We have been stuck at 3.67 here in the Colorado Springs area for quite some time. I don't know what that rumor about prices going down was about!

I just filled up today. It was $3.69, but I got .40 off per gallon for my Giant Eagle rewards, so 3.29

i need to bring a giant eagle with me next time. i just paid $3.63 9/10ths.

like i would have gone somewhere else at $3.64.

i need to bring a giant eagle with me next time. i just paid $3.63 9/10ths.

like i would have gone somewhere else at $3.64.

Giant Eagle rocks. Especially because I mostly only buy items they have on sale. And it all counts for .10 off per gallon every fifty bucks spent.

I don't understand the wide range of prices in our own neighborhood. Earlier in the week I saw 3.66 at one station - right across the street it was 3.51. Later in the day - the first station was 3.63 - the other station was 3.59. Is anyone else as confused as I am over the reasoning or lack thereof in the pricing?

a coworker who lives in eastern pa. has mentioned the gas deal with the big bird.

he accumulated so many discounts once that he took his truck to fill up as well as several 5 gallon gas cans for his power equipment, and he got it for under a dollar a gallon.

I fill my tank when it hits half full. I suppose I got used to doing this before we had so many stations here. When we moved here years ago, there was only a mom n pop station and it closed at 6:00 pm - just the time I usually needed gas then coming home from work. Since we are retired I don't need to fill up often unless we are traveling in my car. Dh fills his truck every week - lately about $60.00 a pop.Our gas bill is higher now than our grocery bill was when we were first married.

I fill my tank when it hits half full. I suppose I got used to doing this before we had so many stations here. When we moved here years ago, there was only a mom n pop station and it closed at 6:00 pm - just the time I usually needed gas then coming home from work. Since we are retired I don't need to fill up often unless we are traveling in my car. Dh fills his truck every week - lately about $60.00 a pop.Our gas bill is higher now than our grocery bill was when we were first married.

Remember when you used to pull in, ask for $2.00 worth and the guy washed the windshield and checked the oil :LOL:

LOL!!! I drive right by the station we always use, every day back and forth from work. They are a 24/7 convenience store. Shrek gets really weird if I don't know how much gas is in the car on any given day. I look on payday and fill up then, it's never less than 1/2. Round trip my drive is 4 miles.

One of our grocery chains here, Tops, gives a discount for gas starting at $.10 a gallon up to $1.40/gal depending on how much you buy in grocs. during a certain period. Once in a while, they give double gas points, and I took them up on it. I use premium gas (not by choice - it's what my car requires) and I waited till it was on fumes and filled up at dollar less a gallon -saving $14!!

A local grocery here does the same but there is an expiration date. Unfortunately, it isn't a store I use much and neither is the gas station, so I miss that often. I think I saved .20 a gallon the last time I used it, and 20 gallons is a limit. Since I didn't need 20 gallons, I forgot and let the time run out.

Back
Top Bottom