Getting a beagle puppy for our daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Make sure you train the puppy to either go outside to do his thing or if you are keeping him in the house make sure there are plenty of puppy pads for him to go on.

Jolie will be 2 years this coming June 10th and I can't wait until she gets out of her puppy stage. She still weighs 5-1/2 pounds but when she barks it sounds like a very big dog.

Good luck with your little puppy.

Ideally the puppy's space should just be large enough for her to stand up, turn around and lie down comfortably - that's what will keep her from soiling her nest and begin the potty training.

Good luck!

crewsk said:
We were the same way Sizz. Mack cost us $70 which covered his shots & being fixed. We couldn't ask for a better dog either, he's a bundle of love & energy!

I think the fee at our shelter is 74.00 and includes the spay/neuter, shots, etc... now if I was 62 or older I could get it 1/2 that cost. But no matter its still cheaper. By the way your dog is adorable crewsk.

Dina,

Abby is beautiful! Good luck with the training. Now I'm jealous! My dog Duncan broke his collar and ran away on my birthday in November. I would love to get another puppy, but I would want to wait until summer when I am home all day. I love my kitties and always want to have cats, but I miss having a dog too.

:) Barbara

Thank you. She sure is adorable! She's going for her shots tomorrow and begins training on March 6th for 8 weeks at PetsMart. We are working with the training pads but she still has spills here and there.

Dina, you puppy is so cute, we had a dalmations years ago, and I also believe in crate training, also its nice to have a place when you leave the house. As long as it is big enough, then do grow !! Just don't miss those short white hairs - lol Abby is percious !

Dina, a beautiful dog you got! Even if she doesn't look very much like a dalmatian right now :)
You know that Dalmatians are very difficult dogs? They are not really made for dogstarters, but I'm sure you can manage it...
do you join "puppy school", as we call it in G? It's for the yound dogs to train social behavior.. 8 weeks is not that old btw...

I wish you good luck!

i have had dogs my entire life. i am gonna post 2 quotes from others in this thread, and i HIGHLY suggest you follow them to the letter.

1st quote:

get a crate and crate train her, put her in the crate and then take her outside to go--play with her for a while and back in the crate until time to take her to go. I crate trained my HUGE dog and have never had an accident. She still has her crate and goes in there when she wants to some space......I don't think any other training works for going out side.

2nd quote:

Ideally the puppy's space should just be large enough for her to stand up, turn around and lie down comfortably - that's what will keep her from soiling her nest and begin the potty training.

listen to those 2 posters...they know what they say. crate that pup IMMEDTATELY!! and get it into puppy training asap.

otherwise...ENJOY and CONGRATS!!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom