Gift Wrapping Tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read a human interest story in the news once about this woman. She said she had found a great way to wrap her kids' presents. She found 3 great big red cloth bags, with draw-strings. She just threw all of each kids' presents into their bags, then on Christmas they opened the top of the bag and there everything was. I thought that was an absolutely HORRIBLE idea! It took all of the fun out of opening gifts. I don't like how my aunt and uncle's family did it either (opening gifts, that is). They all just tore into them at the same time, and no one knew who got what from whom. It takes us forever to open gifts when there are a lot of us there because we take turns opening one gift at a time as everyone looks on. We all ooh and aah and comment on each thing, and one of us (me when I was at home) writes down who everything was from so we will all know who to thank later (of course if it is from someone there in the room at the time, we thank them right then and there! lol).

:) Barbara

We take turns too Barbara. I think it's more fun that way.

Ok, one of my few complaints about Pauliewog.... He opens his gifts very verrrrrrry verrrrrrrry slowly. No ripping. He peels each piece of tape off so the paper doesn't get ruined. !!!! It drives me crazy! lol... other than that though he's pretty dang perfect.

Barbara L said:
I don't like how my aunt and uncle's family did it either (opening gifts, that is). They all just tore into them at the same time, and no one knew who got what from whom. It takes us forever to open gifts when there are a lot of us there because we take turns opening one gift at a time as everyone looks on. We all ooh and aah and comment on each thing, and one of us (me when I was at home) writes down who everything was from so we will all know who to thank later (of course if it is from someone there in the room at the time, we thank them right then and there! lol).

Dad's side of the family used to open all at once but Mom made them go in age order but my paternal uncle's family still opens their presents first instead of us going in age order like our family does.

Cameron

cartwheelmac said:
Dad's side of the family used to open all at once but Mom made them go in age order but my paternal uncle's family still opens their presents first instead of us going in age order like our family does.

Cameron
We go back and forth, so that it is pretty spread out. One thing that was really neat, the first couple years after I moved to South Carolina (except the one year I was able to go back there for Christmas, of course), my dad videotaped the whole thing, and they treated the camera as if it were me. When I watch those tapes, it is like I am right there. They talked to each other and to me the whole time, and when they showed everyone what they got they showed me (the camera!) too. It was the closest thing possible to being there, and it made me feel so good. Now that my mom is gone, they are especially important to me.

My Yorkie loved Christmas day. He never bothered the gifts but when one was being opened,,he was right there with his paws and teeth helping!
RIP my beloved Peanut........

This is Gidgett's first Christmas with us. I've wrapped several special treats for her and I'm assuming that since she LOVES shredding toilet paper and kleenex so much she'll get the hang of opening them pretty quickly.:) Of course this whole thing could backfire on me big time! lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom