"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #11
Senior Cook

I wear CK One every day & then Tiffany at night when going out. I've been wearing these two scents for over 15 years. I am often overwhelmed by all the smells in a store so I just haven't looked into any any new fragrances.

It is funny if I get a whiff of a certain men's cologne it will immediately remind me of an ex boyfriend or friend in highschool & college...weird so many years later.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #12
Master Chef

I can't handle perfumes... too strong and cost too much anymore. Like Alix, I perfer natural scents, like patchouli or vanilla, lavendar. I like the light smelling body mists that just give a glimpse of a scent as I walk by. Some lotions have enough scent for me to do the trick... Air Bonne (sp?) use to have this Almond Lotion that you could get and it was soooo elegant, light and smooth. I just loved the scent it had!!!! I can't find it anymore.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #13
Executive Chef

I always wear fragrance - nice smells make me happy. Usually single note florals and almost always cologne (eau de toilette) because I don't like reeking or overpowering smells either. I usually wear Joy by Jean Patou. But I also like some I got in France - Jasmin from the Fleur de Provence line by Moulinard. I used to wear Blue Grass by Elizabeth Arden (mostly because it's what my mother wore for years) but my kids say it smells like an old lady. Avon used to make one called Hawaiian White Ginger that I loved but I don't even know if they make it anymore. The pure oils I wear are Sandalwood and Patchouli and Nag Champa (because that's the incense I like), but my grown kids tell me only potheads wear those now.

This is a cool thread. It's interesting to see what people like and dislike. On a side note, does anyone remember scented dusting powder? When I was growing up, your bath wasn't complete till you used the dusting powder!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clienta View Post
It is funny if I get a whiff of a certain men's cologne it will immediately remind me of an ex boyfriend or friend in highschool & college...weird so many years later.
Me, too! Remember Wild Country by Avon? Or Aramis?
Old 01-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
The pure oils I wear are Sandalwood and Patchouli and Nag Champa (because that's the incense I like), but my grown kids tell me only potheads wear those now.

This is a cool thread. It's interesting to see what people like and dislike. On a side note, does anyone remember scented dusting powder? When I was growing up, your bath wasn't complete till you used the dusting powder!
ROFLMAO!!!!! Can't say I remember the dusting powder... but I do have some nag champa... love it! Sandalwood too!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #16
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
When I go out, I always wear cologne, I like the sweet, "Skin Musk or Obsession". Lol, use to use dusting powder, now its baby powder ! Use to buy "Wild Country for my DH. Remember - Jade East - use to love that on guys.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #17
Master Chef

I wear White Diamonds {Liz taylor}
I have smelled a lot of wonder smelling perfumes and colognes.
Find some with Lavendar, those are always clean smelling.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Does anyone wear cologne anymore? i haven't worn cologne since, I really don't know when. Always make sure I take a bath and wear deodorant. Is this forgotten because of all the other things I have to do or am I just getting old and don't care? I often smell cologne on others, even the men, and I want to ask what kind it is but don't want them to think I am 'attracted' to them.
Just go ahead and ask, ITK! People are generally flattered when someone (especially a stranger) compliments their taste in clothes or fragrance and are happy to tell you what it is. If it's a man, just tell him you like his cologne very much and could he tell you what it is so you can buy your husband/boyfriend/son/father/mailman some of it. That way he won't think you're coming on to him. And thanks for starting this thread - it's fun!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #19
Sous Chef

I am an Opium fan, perfume, not cologne. Last time I checked it was about $75.00 for 3 ounces. The good thing is my children know I like it and will pool their resources to buy me some for special occasions.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Nope... I don't.
Most perfumes give me a smashing headache and it happens very quickly.

I got one the other day when I opened up a COOKING mag and it had a free sample of perfume in it! COOKING magazines SHOULD NOT have perfume in them!!!