Girls!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wear scents according to my mood. Usually during the day I wear 'J'adore' or hypnotic poison, both by Christian Dior by night my favourites at the moment are Chance by Chanel or Irresistible by Givenchy. I am the sort of person who would wear a nice scent just to take the bin out. I love scents and that's also for the house, I love scented candles and incense and bath oils. My scent advice would be that one is aware if they buy an eau de toilette or perfume. The perfume is usually strong so it's to be used sparingly otherwise people will be running away from you and you will have a nasty headache.Eau de toilette is not that strong, but still to be careful not to spray on too much.

whew!

I do thank you all for your time and comments. I sure have a great source to spend some time at the mall checking all these different 'smells' out. I also am thankful you advised to spray some on before making decision. I knew spraying on a card isn't the real thing. Been so long since I have worn cologne that you are going into new world. I always have liked to stand next to someone who smells nice. I think it shows she cares how she impresses you. Long time ago, the last time I remember I wore cologne, I was came to churhc and when i sat down behind this 'older' couple, it wasn't long they got up and moved to other side of the church. You don't think that had affect on me? I knew it was the cologne because I never said anything to them. Since then I take shower and try to check all everything to make sure doesn't have odd odor. When I did wear cologne, it did make me feel feminine.

I cannot believe how many different you all are. Not many have the same kind. I believe I will get to know each of you better by checking the colognes you prefer. I have found so much help through this site and I thought it was ONLY for cooking. Whoever put this special 'section' of 'off topic' did me personally a real favor. I don't have to check with my friends. They just accept me for who I am whether I smell good or bad. Now I just don't have to tell them how I found out about this. They know too much about me already. thanks for your time and if you find a 'new' one be sure to let me know. I do appreciate it.

Funny how some people talked about their husbands smelling like their dads. Would certainly have affect on me too.

Actually, I stopped wearing perfume a few years ago. Many of the scents out there are very strong. I have a few I've held on to for sentimental reasons, i.e. my mom gave me Chanel #5, & she's passed on. I don't know how long fragrances last, but it's still in my collection. Years ago it was Emeraude - then I switched to a non-name brand called Herbisimo -- probably a men's cologne, but wanted something lighter/cleaner. The men loved it, lol. I may try Chanel's Gardenia, cause I love the smell of fresh Gardenias, but don't want anything too flowery. I've started leaning toward clean-smelling body lotions.

Use to be, when you went into the major dept stores (macy*s etc), there were samples to take home. Hard to tell what something smells like when spraying it on in the cosmetic section.

A side note - my friend use to go into the cosmetic section of the big dept stores, plunk herself down in a chair & they apply their makeup products free of charge.

There was a time you'd have to almost push the dept store's personnel away from shooting you in the face with their newest fragrance the minute you walked in the door. Okay I'm done now, lol.

Guess I'm still partial to Chanel...

CHANEL

Last edited:
Whenever I wear something different my dh asks me if I went to the mall. Assumes I was spraying away which I have been guilty of.

I do love to burn scents in the house but generally when I am home alone.

I do love to burn scents in the house but generally when I am home alone.
I like to burn scented candles (especially those from Bath & Body Works) as I relax in a warm bubblebath. I burn them elsewhere in the house sometimes too, but it is so relaxing during a bath!

:)Barbara

I do thank you all for your time and comments. I sure have a great source to spend some time at the mall checking all these different 'smells' out. I also am thankful you advised to spray some on before making decision. I knew spraying on a card isn't the real thing. Been so long since I have worn cologne that you are going into new world. I always have liked to stand next to someone who smells nice. I think it shows she cares how she impresses you. Long time ago, the last time I remember I wore cologne, I was came to churhc and when i sat down behind this 'older' couple, it wasn't long they got up and moved to other side of the church. You don't think that had affect on me? I knew it was the cologne because I never said anything to them. Since then I take shower and try to check all everything to make sure doesn't have odd odor. When I did wear cologne, it did make me feel feminine.

I cannot believe how many different you all are. Not many have the same kind. I believe I will get to know each of you better by checking the colognes you prefer. I have found so much help through this site and I thought it was ONLY for cooking. Whoever put this special 'section' of 'off topic' did me personally a real favor. I don't have to check with my friends. They just accept me for who I am whether I smell good or bad. Now I just don't have to tell them how I found out about this. They know too much about me already. thanks for your time and if you find a 'new' one be sure to let me know. I do appreciate it.

Funny how some people talked about their husbands smelling like their dads. Would certainly have affect on me too.

ITK....it may not of been that the scent didn't smell good it could of been health issues of the couple. Some people with allergies or respirtory problems can't tolerate breathing perfumes/colognes. I also know that some people that have had cancer can't tolerate them because they can actually taste the scent in their mouths.

I personally love it when someone smells good and don't hesitate to ask what they are wearing. But like I mentioned before just because it smelt good on them it didn't on myself.

Just be sure that when you do spritz it on that you do go over board. I spray just a light mist on my wrist and on my chest and thats it. I can't tolerate it when people over spray.

For the guys....if you haven't tried it yet check out GIO for men....oh my gosh this stuff smells so good.

I myself like a light

I were it all the time. i have 4 bottles. I have Clinique happy(smells like oranges), Polo, Chaps and burberry london(smells like apple cinimon). I have had a lot of women ask me what flava it is.

I love Clinique Happy. I would like to get some someday. I didn't realize they make it for men now. James would probably like that one too.

:)Barbara

Last edited:
I have a few perfumes (and a vanilla body oil, it does smell good all day and the scent stays for ever and the bottle never ends hehehe), my partner has a lot of colognes. A couple I have banished for office wear LOL

there was this REALLY great Mary Kay one i had called "Velocity" LOVED IT! haven't got around to getting another bottle.

my favourite perfume atm is Chloe and a Paris Hilton one - i wear the vanilla to work.
my bf love the old time favourite "Cool Water" (so old yet SO divine!), "Game", "Obsession for Men"

is that like what we call Aftershave here in the UK?

if someone has already replied sorry, Aftershave is the stuff u splash on ur face after shaving.

Cologne is the stuff you spray all over.

my partner wears both.

Burberry Brit's Red. It has been discontinued though. :wacko::wacko: But I am still able to find it on-line and at Sephora!! Going to have to stock up, I guess. Everyone absolutely loves the smell. I get extra hugs because I always "smell so nice". haha

:heart:
Z

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom