"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #11
Head Chef

Sure thing.

One thing to look for in the ingredients is grapefruit (or any citrus) extract. That really helps clean it good.

And, don't worry about a salon brand over another brand (Great Clips or Cost Cutter's brand over Kenra, etc)...You are only using it once a week so it's just find to get a less expensive one.

Oh, I have layers and love them. With layers, the weight of my hair doesn't weigh it down!

Old 04-29-2006, 06:50 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

The gal who does my hair really knows her hair color, she highlights my hair every 6 months..It's a reverse type hilite job, I have a white area in the front of my head so she puts in color to make it look like what it was as a younger person. I love the way she colors, no peroxide at all!!! My hair is one length to my collar and turns under, no bangs, my hair is thin now due to diabetes and all the meds and it drives me crazy having to fool with it every day..Long gone are the ponytail days But, I can't complain to much at least I have hair Plus at my age hair all pulled back is not a good thing Speaking of hair I'm now due for a cut, I look like the shaggy dog...

kadesma

Old 04-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
We always want what we don't have, eh?
Well, I should tell you mudbug, that until this very topic, I thought you were a boy! Sorry! That comment of yours made me laugh out loud, especially after just learning that you were a female.

BC
Old 04-29-2006, 07:07 PM   #14
Master Chef

welp, mud, i get mine cut/dyed at a day spa & it is $$$$$; so is my salon in my new city. they're excellent. i have had hair of many shades, & recently my tresses that were a light brown for most of my 25 went to a lt. black on thier own. it's great so i'm rather done w/ changing my shade. yet, i gravitate towards those hairdyes like they're magnetic or ask my stylist 'bout colorings when i went on a pretense of getting my eyebrows sugared (not that mine aren't naturally contoured ). yes, muds, it is an addiction.
i prefer medium-ish so i can put it in cute styles. in hairties with my ends in glittery pins! it's thickening fast recently!
ask your salonstylist what suits you. many uppity ones are great with advice.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Angie, I definately agree with you on clarifying shampoos, especially since I use alot of product to tame my hair. I also like the haircut you have, layers, it does tend to keep the hair lighter weight, bouncy and behaving :)
Old 04-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat
Well, I should tell you mudbug, that until this very topic, I thought you were a boy! . BC
What????!!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #17
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Angie, I definately agree with you on clarifying shampoos, especially since I use alot of product to tame my hair. I also like the haircut you have, layers, it does tend to keep the hair lighter weight, bouncy and behaving :)

Here are my layers...although I did give my self bangs this morning...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3b6e520b.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1367  
Old 04-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat
Well, I should tell you mudbug, that until this very topic, I thought you were a boy! Sorry! That comment of yours made me laugh out loud, especially after just learning that you were a female.

BC
HEHE, go look in the member's photos, you'll see mudbug. She's all woman!!
Old 04-29-2006, 07:30 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Just go bald or shave it all off, heheheheheheheheheh
Old 04-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #20
Master Chef

kleenex, then we'd obsess about our eyebrow waxing, dieting, Sally's twins & what kinda calories that drink contained.