"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2006, 09:22 AM   #61
Executive Chef

Licia, I'm sure your hair isn't as bad as you portray. We all have hair problems. I had a boss once who told me he'd never seen someone go in the girls room with one hairdo and come out with another. I never know what my hair will do from one time to the next. Everyone knows it changes with the wind and it's own whim. Could be worse - I could NOT have any!

Old 05-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #62
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjcooking
Just a question for anyone. When I use to dye my hair back in college I would use the over the counter coloring products. In each box there was a small bottle of conditioner that came with the coloring kit. Does anyone sell this seperately?
Even after getting expensive deep conditioning treatments and using deep conditioning products my hair has never been as soft as it was after using this small bottle of conditioner.

I have wondered the same thing. They could corner the market with that stuff, it's fantastic!!

Old 05-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #63
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
Licia, I'm sure your hair isn't as bad as you portray. We all have hair problems. I had a boss once who told me he'd never seen someone go in the girls room with one hairdo and come out with another. I never know what my hair will do from one time to the next. Everyone knows it changes with the wind and it's own whim. Could be worse - I could NOT have any!
Thanks Licia for your kind words... I know there are many many worse problems you could face in your life than uncooperative hair, I shouldn't be griping... like you said, I do have them to cover my head!!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #64
Head Chef

Thanks jkath, I signed up for a sample. If it works as well as those color conditioners I will be a very happy person.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #65
DC Grandma

I invited you to view my photo page to see that I was born blond and brunett..then I looked and most of my pictures were gone but today some of them are back. If you are interested..go see.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #66
Sous Chef

I got sick last year - REALLY sick - to the point of having septic shock with all the accompanying organ failures (and some very scary nights for my family waiting for the other shoe to drop - thank God it didn't), and was in and out of the hospital a couple of times with a lengthy recouperation afterward. About 2-3 months later, my hair began to fall out by the handful. As it turns out, when you're at death's door like that, your body makes choices, and replenishing your hair is not one of them, so it starts to fall out. I don't quite know why it waits that couple of months to start falling out, but according to the Dr., it does. It was horrible. It got to the point where I was thinking I would lose it all - it became very obvious that I was losing my hair. Just at the point of despair, and after I had the hairdresser cut off about 10" of length, I began to notice sprouts. Gray sprouts, most of them, but sprouts nonetheless. I can't tell you how grateful I am to see it growing back now that my health is returning. I don't care what color it is. If I have to dye it from now on, so be it.

That was yet another frightening experience for me in 2005. Am I glad that's over!

BC
Old 05-02-2006, 09:14 PM   #67
Master Chef

WELL. someone currentlyhas darker black-tinted tresses than they were earlier tonite due mostly to this thread & an addiction to hairdye.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #68
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat
I got sick last year - REALLY sick - to the point of having septic shock with all the accompanying organ failures (and some very scary nights for my family waiting for the other shoe to drop - thank God it didn't), and was in and out of the hospital a couple of times with a lengthy recouperation afterward. About 2-3 months later, my hair began to fall out by the handful. As it turns out, when you're at death's door like that, your body makes choices, and replenishing your hair is not one of them, so it starts to fall out. I don't quite know why it waits that couple of months to start falling out, but according to the Dr., it does. It was horrible. It got to the point where I was thinking I would lose it all - it became very obvious that I was losing my hair. Just at the point of despair, and after I had the hairdresser cut off about 10" of length, I began to notice sprouts. Gray sprouts, most of them, but sprouts nonetheless. I can't tell you how grateful I am to see it growing back now that my health is returning. I don't care what color it is. If I have to dye it from now on, so be it.

That was yet another frightening experience for me in 2005. Am I glad that's over!

BC
Oh my BC I can only imagine how terrified you were on top of what else you were dealing with. I'm glad it is growing back. You know they say blondes have more fun but I have some friends that are brunettes and redheads and they have just as much fun as I do. Think of the fun you can have experimenting with different colors. I've always wanted to change the color of my hair and go drastic (red) but just when I think I'm ready for the change I change my mind when my butt hits the sylists chair .
Old 05-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #69
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
Oh my BC I can only imagine how terrified you were on top of what else you were dealing with. I'm glad it is growing back. You know they say blondes have more fun but I have some friends that are brunettes and redheads and they have just as much fun as I do. Think of the fun you can have experimenting with different colors. I've always wanted to change the color of my hair and go drastic (red) but just when I think I'm ready for the change I change my mind when my butt hits the sylists chair .
Thanks! It's been one tough year, but I've emerged in relatively good shape considering the extent of the illness. I have some heart damage, but it's not terrible, and now I have quite a nice crop of graying hair that's now approaching 2" in length. I have some longer hair too, that escaped the fallout, so it will hopefully begin to look like an intentional layering soon. I'm naturally a medium brunette, and feel comfortable with that color. I tried some highlights recently (hubby bought me a salon gift certificate so that a professional could help me out, with the hair loss and all), but the dark hair is a better fit for me. I'm 47, so I'd like to wait a while before accepting the gray, but as I said earlier, I'm ever so grateful that I have hair that I can obsess about with all of you!

BC
Old 05-08-2006, 06:22 PM   #70
Chef Extraordinaire

What I want to know is - when are they coming out with the Just Five Minutes product for women?