Give Up, We're Surrounded!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
No matter where you are in the USA, you're never more than 145 miles from a McDonalds!

Attachments

• mcsparenesness0909.jpg
    mcsparenesness0909.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 185
The McD's is how I know when it's time to turn down my street...going north on Brooks, take a right at McD's...we are at the end on the right.

Only two hours away from pseudofood...and civilization if you are lost...

That's a mighty big black hole hanging close to where I live...

Last edited:
They are becoming feeding stations instead of restaurants.

The dollar menu is making it an alternative to the conventional idea of grocery shopping and cooking at home.

I am not sure if it is sad or scary or both!

You deserve a break today! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

it's amazing that people want to eat there with all of those bright lights.

it's good to know, though. even if i was in a plane that crashed in the most remote region of the u.s., i would only have to hike 145 miles to a mickey d's.

i'd just follow the bright light, lol.

Last edited:
I live @ 2 miles from one McD's and 3 miles from another (in the other direction). They used to be closer (@ 1 mi and 2 mi) but both moved and built new restaurants. Oddly one is across the street from Wendy's KFC, LJS, and an A&W and the other is between a Wendy's and a 5-Guys.

We only have one fast food place 'round here.....Yep, McDonald's.
There is a brand new Jamaican restaurant that just opened here....gonna try it today (I hope)!

Within 5 minutes of my house there are 4. That's just the immediate area, go another 5 minutes out and that number will easily double.

I find it comforting to know there is a restroom at least 145 miles away from me at anytime...much closer than rest stops.

Here in the Canadian West Coast there are three businesses that compete for market saturation and overkill!

1. Tim Horton's
2. Starbucks
3. McDonald's

Yes, ole Mickey D comes in third I'm afraid. ;) In a twelve block radius we have three Tim's, three Starbies and 2 McD's.

Here in the Canadian West Coast there are three businesses that compete for market saturation and overkill!

1. Tim Horton's
2. Starbucks
3. McDonald's

Yes, ole Mickey D comes in third I'm afraid. ;) In a twelve block radius we have three Tim's, three Starbies and 2 McD's.

The only one of those that I go to is Timmie's. Much better coffee than Starbucks IMO. If I want an espresso type coffee, I'll go to 2nd Cup (or a non-chain place). Do you have those out West?

The only one of those that I go to is Timmie's. Much better coffee than Starbucks IMO. If I want an espresso type coffee, I'll go to 2nd Cup (or a non-chain place). Do you have those out West?
I also prefer Timmie's though at Christmas I am addicted to Starbucks Gingerbread lattes. Vancouver has a few 2nd Cups but not where I am. I am actually a fan of Blenz - both for their Roiboos Chai Latte and their sausage rolls.

But for meeting with my friends or a quick snack/drink when I am going to see Dad, I go for Tim's every time. Oh, yeah, the one by the hospital....make that FOUR Tim Horton's in a 12 block radius!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom