Glenn Frey, co-founder of the Eagles, dies at 67

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very sad. We saw the Eagles in concert during their last tour - without a doubt one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Being that Glenn Frey was one of the founding members and contributed so much to the band instrumentally and vocally, I don't know how they will ever be able to tour again. And even if they do, it won't quite ever be the Eagles without him.

Another one gone too soon. And Himself's age, too. Kinda reminds us of our own mortality. :(

Famous People have been dropping like flies lately. Makes me really happy that I'm a pretty obscure person. ;)

Another one gone too soon. And Himself's age, too. Kinda reminds us of our own mortality. :(

Famous People have been dropping like flies lately. Makes me really happy that I'm a pretty obscure person. ;)

This is nothing new. We are just getting older and we are paying more attention to who dies.
Seems like they are dropping like flies, but people have been dying all along. We just give it more attention especially if you had something in common with the deceased.

On my other forum, we have lost two members since November. Both under 60 years of age.

A very pragmatic yet true observation, RB. No music was better than the '70's.

I was so sad to hear of Glenn Frey's death. :( There will never be another Eagles. I grew up with them and listening to them takes me back to my high school days - 8 track tapes of the Eagles while out boondocking in the desert with friends. Good times.

I've been listening to them on Pandora all morning. Seven Bridges Road is playing now. Wow, could they ever harmonize. Steve, you were so fortunate to see them on their last tour.

Last edited:
This is nothing new. We are just getting older and we are paying more attention to who dies.
Seems like they are dropping like flies, but people have been dying all along. We just give it more attention especially if you had something in common with the deceased.

On my other forum, we have lost two members since November. Both under 60 years of age.

Keith Richards died 20 years ago. He just doesn't know enough to lie down.

This is nothing new. We are just getting older and we are paying more attention to who dies...
Nah, I've always paid attention. It's when the age of the recently deceased is so close to my own that I get a little nervous.

The saddest "stranger" deaths to me are those of young people. Military members, youth dying of drugs or car accidents - all seem to be too young to die. Anyone younger than me, in fact. The saddest of all that I read in the local paper last year was of a 40-something wife. Her husband had died from chronic condition or disease four months earlier. The obituary gave her cause of death as "a broken heart". :cry:

Too bad that during their heyday, FM radio stations across America played The Eagles songs to death. They were the darlings of FM station managers and DJ's morning, noon and night. I heard their songs so many times per hour that I grew to hate that band. All because FM radio totally over saturated the airwaves with The Eagles during their peak years.

Last edited:
Your sympathy is stunning, Caslon :rolleyes: He was a great songwriter, no matter how many times the songs were played.

Last edited:
I read that the Eagles were scheduled to be at The Kennedy Center Honors in November. Glenn had to have to have major surgery for colitis with a long recovery time; it was postponed so they could all be together and was supposed to happen this year :(

Last edited:
Too bad that during their heyday, FM radio stations across America played The Eagles songs to death. They were the darlings of FM station managers and DJ's morning, noon and night. I heard their songs so many times per hour that I grew to hate that band. All because FM radio totally over saturated the airwaves with The Eagles during their peak years.

I guess living in the fridge as you do it would be a little difficult to reach outside of it to change the station, now wouldn't it?

The Eagles weren't the only big bands playing on FM. I'm a 70's Lil Brat, that had many older siblings that loved a lot of different bands. Rock and Kountry, to the oldies. Glenn Miller Band. Lets not forget R&B.

Chicago, Steely Dan,Fleetwood Mac, Steve Miller Band. The list goes on.

At least the bands back then had fun.Talent.
Not the garbage the Rappers of today have to offer up to our kids. It's nothing but pure hateful garbage.

Let's see, we are here to memorialize Glenn Fry, who was more than just the "Eagles" a talented artist and songwriter. If you don't like his music, then why bother to comment? Leave this space for us who DO like him and his catalog of music.

Enough of who likes what music.

As before, RIP Glenn, you will be missed...

I read that the Eagles were scheduled to be at The Kennedy Center Honors in November. Glenn had to have to have major surgery for colitis with a long recovery time; it was postponed so they could all be together and was supposed to happen this year :(

Yes, sadly ironic isn't it? We watched it and they did have Miranda Lambert sing "Desperado" which, again, ironically, was a Glenn Frey lead vocal.

That song was always one of my favourites and, I just recently learned that although it was the title track on one of their albums, it was never released as a single. It is one of the more "covered" Eagles songs and made it to the top 500 Billboard songs of all time. Not bad for a song that was never released! LOL

Glenn Frey, you will be missed - RIP.

That isn't funny. :mad:

20140228022054824_Medium.jpg

It's not?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom